X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicky78
    replied
    Hi Betsie
    Thanks for your response...it is a fantastic suggestion and one I have consdiered before I moved here and realized the situation. I go to school in northern Ontario. The doctor situation here is scarce to say the least. There is only one urologist in the entire city, the city consists of 60,000 people and so the majority have to go to Toronto for medical care...which is where I am from and where my doctors are anyways. Even primary care doctors, there are people who have lived here all their lives and can;t get a gp....So...unfortunately I am stuck with the walk ins, or the ER or university health services which is like a walk in in the sense that there is no follow up and it takes about three weeks to get an appt. It is very frustrating, but unfortunately thats the state of Canadas medical care system.

Leave a comment:

• chicky78
    replied
    Thanks all for the info and suggestions, I have let up on the water a bit, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. As for the culture, can;t get that because I am away at school and my only medical contact is a walk in clinic or an ER where there is no follow up, won't be back home and would be able to see my doctor for another 6 weeks at least....

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    Oh yeah, the water does it to me also. I have to drink it slowly like Donna said or I will live in the bathroom. I hope you feel better soon. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If I drink too much too quickly, I do get a flare. You might try cutting down a little on water intake, then increase gradually. You do need to get at least six cups, preferably eight, a day. I try to get my fluids in small drinks frequently. I usually have a bottle of water with me most of the time --- when I'm at home, it's tap water, but away from home, the commercially bottled spring water.

I hope you feel better soon.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hi Chicky,

I agree with Brat, they always run cultures on mine to be sure. That might be the culprit. Otherwise, you just gotta ride the flare out. Feel better!

hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Chicky, I don't know if you are in a flare or not, you may be. Did they send out your urin for a culture.. mine hardly ever show on a strip.. hope you feel better soon
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• chicky78
    started a topic Flare

Flare

I think I am in a flare....but really don't know. I went to the walk in last night because thought maybe I have an infection, it came back negative but they gave me antibiotics to take because I had all te symptoms...but they aren't helping. I have the pain, the pressure, the needing to pee every five minutes but barely anything happneds when I go because I only went five minutes ago. I have upped my water intake in the last week. Could that be whats doing it? Help frown
Working...
X