X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alana rose
    replied
    Gwen,
    My flares usually last up to a week or so. Especially if it is do to a medication. I have had three major flares since November (one from trigger point injections, one from taking a muscle relaxer, and one from using my ventolin inhaler.) It is very tough, but I try to look at it as a learning experience. Each time I know what to stay away from.
    Take care and I wish you well. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    Minne can be for 2 weeks or longer or shorter or a day. depending on a uti and flares. everyone is different.

Leave a comment:

• JAF
    replied
    Hi,
    When I flare from a food or something I drink, it can last anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. If it is stress or hormonal, it can be longer.

A lot depends on how your body reacts to medication or other things you do to counter the flare.

Hopefully by watching your diet and finding the right treatment options for you, flares won't last too long.

Jolene

Leave a comment:

• poetgirl
    replied
    Hmmm....interesting question. Before I started with the IC/VV treatments, flares could last anywhere from a couple of days to several weeks. Now, when I do flare up, it may only last a day or so and the symptoms are not always persistent. I seem to be able to get them under control pretty quickly.

Typically I do flare up as a result of monthly hormonal changes, and while that has been minimized A LOT because of the birth control regimen I'm on, I sometimes may have several days out of the month where I experience some discomfort.

Leave a comment:

• gwennyx99
    started a topic Just Wondering....

Just Wondering....

I was just wondering how long people's flares usually last. Mine seem to be for months on end and then I will go into remission for 6 months or so but I am pretty much non functional for those months I am flaring.
    Thanks for your input.
    Gwen
Working...
X