Starting off 2011 with a flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatieB View Post
    This whole thing is unfair!!! Holidays or no, I just can't get to the place where I'm adjusting to it. I didn't do anything wrong!! You didn't either!! Sorry. Been awake for too long and my righteous indignation is getting the better of me. I'm still in a flare. Or I guess, I'm just in my "life". I've been living it since October. Hope you feel better today!!
    Yes, it is terribly unfair! When I was at my worst I would have some thoughts that I don't even care to admit to now. It only adds to the unfairness of IC that somehow I managed to catch a break and now feel pretty good most of the time, while others continue to struggle 24/7. Why? The one good thing about that is if it happened to me (and others) it could very well happen for you too.

On the other hand these occasional flares that strike without warning are a grim reminder that my good luck could also end. I try not to think about that.

Today I seem to be almost back to normal. Still a sore, bruised feeling in the bladder but the pain is finally gone. I wish everyone else could say the same!
    "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

Yes, Katie and Vicki it is unfair. But much of life isn't anyway. We have to remind ourselves of the things we could be thankful for. And believe me, I'm sincerely not trying to be rightous here. I have had many of my down days myself. I think we all share in that. But then I look around and see how many other struggles others go through, and then there are the things we can't see. The best part of all this is the IC network and some of the great people I have met along the way. I pray that all of us have better days and those of us who have had a re-occurence find some hope in the fact that it could all turn around again for us. I pray so strongly for that and for everyone out there who is struggling along with us. Maybe this is a lesson in patience for me or maybe it's just something else I can't understand. I'm just grabbing onto one good day at a time and trying to make the most of it. I can only hope that tomorrow will be brighter for all of us. Hope I didn't go over board here. Just some quick thoughts. What the heck, tomorrow I could be singing a different song. Glad you gals are out there no matter what. Judy G

Comment

Vicki, I'm sorry that I just saw this & that a flare reared it's ugly head on the holiday. I'm glad that today was a little better for you. I'm sending healing thoughts your way! Feel better soon!

I always love seeing your latest painting. This one is especially adorable.

Comment

@Vicki, I'm so glad you're feeling better. And hopefully that was just one of those crazy "I don't know why it happened" flares!! Good luck!! I hope it continues to get better!!

@Judy, yes, I know it's not going to always be fair. But, frankly, I'm in pain like most other people here. And I think it's only human nature to wonder "Why me? This is not fair!". I want to grab onto one good day. But so far (since October) I haven't really had one. But I am very grateful for the people I've met here. And I'm grateful for the new doctor's appt I have tomorrow. So, there's that.
          Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
          Lexapro-20 mg
          Aciphex
          Ambien-as needed
          Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
          Valium-10 mg x2 per day
          Phenergan-1 at night
          Prelief w/everything
          Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
          Heating pad
          Hot baths
          Ice
          Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain, I didn't realize this and very much appoligize if I came off not having any understanding about how awful it feels. I surely didn't mean to offend anyone and feel pretty cruddy myself at times. It's the pits to say the least and hard to look ahead when you feel so terrible and feel that there is few people who understand. I have really, really been there and am not always much beyond it. I again apologize if I came off like I "just didn't get it" because believe me I do. I just can't explain it all on this site, wish I could. I fight everyday to keep my head above water so-to-speak. Again, I am sincerely sorry for anything I wrote that may have been offensive. I do feel awful for everyone that is out there going through all this. It goes on and on. Judy G

Comment

Judy

You did NOT offend me. I know that if ANYBODY "gets" this stupid disease it's the people here. I'm having a very hard time being grateful today and I'm scared of this new doctor appt tomorrow. So I needed to reminded that I DO have things to be grateful for. Please don't feel as though you have done anything wrong by trying to make someone feel better. What a crappy world that would be, huh?
              I hope that we're all feeling better tomorrow and all this IC crap is just a bad dream!!!
              Good night!!
              Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
              Lexapro-20 mg
              Aciphex
              Ambien-as needed
              Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
              Valium-10 mg x2 per day
              Phenergan-1 at night
              Prelief w/everything
              Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
              Heating pad
              Hot baths
              Ice
              Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

Hi Katie, I was glad to get your note at 6 am this morning. Well, the devil got me last night. Here I was having a pretty good day and trying to remian positive when he showed up last night again. I was up every hour, I have that nocturia thing going plus a little pain. Funny thing is I can straighten things up a bit during the day, for the most part. Anyway, I sure know what you mean about seeing a new doc. I was terrified of going to the doctor for a long time. My first visit to the uro I was hysterical and I'm not just kidding. I felt bad for the doc who had to listen to me. Now I'm just hysterical about any medical procedures. Wow, has this been a journey. Please let me know how the doc appointment went and what they want to try. Maybe there are some new meds out there that I need to know about or try. Glad you weren't offended. I thought about it again when I was up 6 times to visit the bathroom. Hope it's a better day. Judy Gee

Comment

Working...
                X