Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VickiB
    replied
    I hate those nights when you're up every hour! It even makes me a bit peeved to look at my hubby sleeping peacefully. Somehow I find some relief by logging on to this site since inevitably it seems someone else is also here in the wee hours. As much as I hate to know someone else is dealing with this, it's so comforting to know I'm not alone.

Today it's so far so good for me. How are you doing today? I hope the baking soda has given you some relief?

It feels like my flare is finally tapering off but it's too soon to know for sure. My flares are generally like a roller coaster ride with wide swings in intensity. Feeling better at any one point is not unusual for me.

Leave a comment:

• Judy Gee
    replied
    I think it's helping a bit and then agian I wonder if it bothers me in some ways. Had a awful night last night, up every hour. I think I will try the baking soda today. Thanks for staying in touch. How are you doing and what is working for you beside the baking soday. Judy Gee

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Is the pyridium helping at all? I always keep the OTC brands on hand but I only have a few pills so I'm saving them just in case it gets worse. Tomorrow the drug stores will be open and I can re-stock my supply!

I tend to get good results from using baking soda but I try to not do it too often. Even though my diet isn't sodium restricted I'm still not so sure it's good for me in excess. Anyway, it seems to have a soothing affect on my bladder, muting the pain and especially the burn. I take it after the symptoms have started in order to get some relief. I mix 1/2 teaspoon into a glass of water and drink it down. Some people use a whole teaspoon but that concentration tastes so bad to me that I can't get it down.

Yes, it's nice to know that others are out here!
    Vicki

Leave a comment:

• Judy Gee
    replied
    HI Vicki, wow, that was fast- your answer that is. Yes, I have been to the uro recently. That's when she put me on the Ativan and pryidium. ( I promise I look up the correct spelling of that word I haven't tried the baking soda. When do you use it??? before you eat or after. Or is it when you notice the symptoms? What does it actually do. Thanks again for your post. It made me feel good to know someone is out there. Judy Gee

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Originally posted by Judy Gee View Post
    I'm having my first in 3 yrs. Can't believe this and at a loss for what to do.
    Hi Judy. Boy, that must really be disappointing after having had such a long stretch without one!

So far I've just been staying super safe with the diet, limiting my activity (dust-bunnies are multiplying!), drinking lots of pure, untreated water, and occasionally mixing some baking soda in. It seems every time I do the baking soda thing my symptoms recede only to return again after it wears off. Bummer! Nothing like getting one's hopes up -then dashed! -Repeatedly!

Have you been having any luck at getting at least some temporary relief like me?

Have you been checked for an infection? I'd been in a good stretch too, though not nearly as long as yours, and I'm debating when I should go in to have that UTI possibility checked out. My doc says I'm his only patient who comes in hoping to hear I have an infection! I always leave disappointed though!

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• Judy Gee
    replied
    Hi, what have you tried for your flare. I'm having my first in 3 yrs. Can't believe this and at a loss for what to do. Any advice would help. Judy Gee

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    started a topic Starting off 2011 with a flare

Starting off 2011 with a flare

Boo! hiss!

I don't know what I did to deserve this. I wish I could say I had a drink for New Years, or a piece of pizza, or had done something, -anything- to pin it on. Instead it's one of those mystery flares. Not fair at all!

Fortunately so far it's not been a blow-out, need to bite on a stick flare, and I'm praying it stays that way. I know others are suffering much worse flares than I am at this moment.

I sure wish we wouldn't have to go through this!
    Vicki
Working...
X