Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VickiB
    replied
    Yeah, I remember last year was a rough one for you too! What rotten luck that this wasn't a UTI so it would be treated and quickly pass. I hate knowing it's just a flare and that you can't do a whole lot other than to let it run it's course.

I HATE IC! I WANT TO BE CURED.
    No truer words.....

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    You have to do what you have to do to calm things down. If it is a couple of days off work, you gotta. Pray you have an empathetic employer who understands. It is tough. But you have to take care of #1, YOU. Hope you come out of your flare and all will be well. Wish you luck. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• Bekah79
    replied
    I am so sorry to hear that your bladder is giving you so much trouble. I totally understand how you feel. I pray every night for IC to be cured so none of us will to live this way in the near future.

Keep The Faith

Leave a comment:

• TexasHoney
    replied
    No UTI this time - The flare rages on

The culture results have come back negative.This is the worst flare non-infection realted flare I've had in along time. 2010 was the year of the UTI for me. I had 5 of them. I sure hope 2011 doesn't become the year of constant flares for me. I am soooooooo frustrated with my bladder. I'm completly taking today and tomorrow off form work. I am using my first 2 sick days to nurse my poor diseased bladder back to least my normal level of discomfort and frequency. I've peed 7 times since 9am and the burning is as bad I ever get. I HATE IC! I WANT TO BE CURED.

Leave a comment:

• KarenAnne
    replied
    Hope this flare passes quickly!!

Leave a comment:

• lonely sole
    replied
    TexasHoney, hope you feel better soon! When I read your post it occured to me how horrible stress is for me as well, it seems to trigger flares that are worse than ones I get when I eat offending foods sometimes!

Take it easy, and make sure to take some time out to relax. I always find exercise so helpful all 'round, in managing stress especially. Even if it's taking a nice walk somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• TexasHoney
    replied
    Update : No Infection Found so far; No Relief Either

No Vicky, I didn't hear those magical words today but they sending a sample out for a culture and I have 3 day course of Cipro just to be on the safe side.
    I worked the first half of the day and went to the uro's office after lunch. I loaded up on meds and took long nap from 3:30 to 6pm and woke up still feeling lousy ( horrible stabbing pains) I really enjoyed my all too short period of remission I've had recently. I've really learned to treasure those times but they don't last nearly long enough. I sure wish a cure could be found. I guess we can all dream, can't we?
    Last edited by TexasHoney; 01-24-2011, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    I hate those middle of the night flares that keep you up in pain! UGH! -So unfair!

Were you lucky enough to hear the magical words, "It's a UTI"?

Leave a comment:

• jameson77
    replied
    dribble and burn.....i hear ya.......

Ugh...........the "dribble and burn".....story of my life!!!! i tested positive for an infection myself, so i know what you're going through......been on 200mg Macrobid for 2 weeks. Flaring now too..........at work.....hurting.....doc doesn't do meds for breakthrough pain.....and i think i have now officially stained the employee toilet here at work Pyridium Plus Orange........UGH.

I sure hope your doctor appt goes ok.......please let us know how you are.....and know that you are definitely not alone!! i hope your bladder is taking it easier on you today............

Feel better,
    Meredith

PS.........i love your screen name.....meant to tell u that for a while now!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    Ic

I know what you mean I was in a flare yesterday today much better, stress related. hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• TexasHoney
    started a topic My first flare of the new year

My first flare of the new year

I've been in a major flare since Friday night. Constant peeing and pain. The old "Dribble and Burn" routine at it's worst. OMG! I hate this disease. I think stress is culprit here. I had 2 very nerve wracking days at work last Thursday and Friday and on Saturday I had to help my mom get her computer restored.Here it is early Monday morning (1:40 am in Texas) and I can't fall asleep. My poor dieased bladder won't let me. It looks like I'll be getting checked for a UTI in the morning just for good measure. I HATE MY BLADDER!
Working...
X