Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star B.
    replied
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I'm looking at some doctors outside of the D.C. area now. Hopefully I will find the right one.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I suggest you see your primary care physician. You may be able to get a referral to a urologist through that office. Two months is a long time to wait for an appointment if you're already a patient there --- you might want to look at making a change.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• babygirlh1
    replied
    Good Doctors - Hard to Find

It's a job to find the right doctor. I have been through many over the years. I do have a uro I see once every two years, but my primary care treats me for everything. When she first met me, she promised she wouldn't give up on me and that she would get me feeling better. She did.

But, I did not find her without struggles and numerous trips to doctors who seemed like they didn't care. I wanted to give up. PLEASE DON'T. Call and ask questions, use the listings on this website, go to a support group, post a threat in the forum for your neck of the woods to find others with IC, but DON'T GIVE UP. It's a tiring and stressful hunt, but when you find the right doctor there is hope. Hang in there! Best wishes to anyone looking for a good doctor, I hope you find one soon. (It took me several years).

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    Yes, you would just have to call and ask. I have a Uro and he treats my IC, but I found out later that my Gyno treats IC also.

Leave a comment:

• Star B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuckersmom View Post
    Some Gynos are very good at treating IC.
    How would you suggest finding one? I could just start calling and asking if they treat IC. Thanks for the suggestion.

And thanks for the support guys.

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    Some Gynos are very good at treating IC.

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    I'm so sorry you're in this position! I don't know anything about Vesicare, -it's an overactive bladder med isn't it? I remember you mentioning in a past post that you were diagnosed with IC.

It seems two months is a long time to leave you hanging in pain if the prescribed treatment isn't working out. Perhaps you could call the office and ask about being put on the list to call in case there's a cancellation. Or try to find another uro who might see you sooner. I know you said that's a problem in your area. I don't know if you'd have any luck looking further out of your area?

Leave a comment:

• Star B.
    started a topic I feel so hopeless

I feel so hopeless

I hurt all day every day. I just got in to see a urologist that I waited 3 months to get in to and she gave me Vesicare. The Vesicare pretty quickly made it almost impossible to urinate. I was worried I was going to have to go get catheterized. After waiting a week to finally have my many phone calls returned by the nurse, she tells me that I'll have to wait 2 months to get back in to the doctor. I have no idea what to do. I am so desperate for relief.

It is so hard to find doctors that take new patients in DC. I worked so hard to find this urologist and have no idea what I'm going to do.
Working...
X