My Second Flare and its a doozie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Second Flare and its a doozie

This is my second big flare ever. My last one was on New Years along with a severe yeast infection and it only lasted for a few days. But this one has been going for about a week and waxing and waning.

I ate 4 grapes with my BFs daughter last Saturday for dinner and had a cup of fruit punch. I haven't been diet sensitive for so long I didn't think it would bother me. But Oh no....

That night it started with frequency and continued the next night. Then I was able to work Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I had some more frequency because I was a dodo and ate hawiian pizza on Tuesday night.

Thursday I had a 4 hour computer class for work and we took 2 breaks but it was awful sitting through class. I felt like I had to pee again right after I had gone during the break. I also had bladder pain which I took tylenol for. When I finally got home I took 1 vicodin (I hate taking that). I was better after that.

Yesterday (friday) I slept most of the day after looking at a house and getting my hair cut. I feel like I have been so tired. Thankfully my BFs daughtor was happy watching a movie while he went to pick the other one up from school! Today I tried to go to work, but its so hard to take care of patients when you have to pee about every 45 minutes. Luckily, our unit was such that I was able to come home. I took some pain meds for my back/bladder pain and have been camped out on the couch all evening. I hate taking pain meds and try not to at all costs, even when I have a migraine.

I'm calling Monday to see if I can get an instill. I have also been taking urelle since last week.
    I can't believe how tired I am. I am not going to work tomorrow either. It really bothers me that this disease is preventing me from going to work this weekend. This is the second time this has happened.
    In the meantime I hope that just resting with the puppies and eating strictly off the diet will help. I have been dealing with mystery abdominal pain my PCP is blowing off so I started a food and symptom journal this week too!!!
    Amanda
    32 years old
    Symptoms started after a mole removal and flu shot. Diagnosed after 3rd opinion and cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Now attend a pelvic medicine clinic with my gyno and uro every 2 months.
    Also I have migraines, vulvodynia, endometriosis, IBS, eczema, severe seasonal allergies, PFD, chronic yeast, primary raynaud's, and a shoulder full of scar tissue from a mole removal

Current treatment
    Zantac 150mg twice a day
    Topamax 75mg twice a day
    Trazodone 50mg before bed
    Atarax 25mg before bed and as needed
    Elivil 25mg before bed
    Zyrtec 10mg once a day
    Ogestrel continuously
    Lidocaine cream as needed
    Estrogen/Testosterone cream three times a week
    Gabapentin cream daily
    Valium vaginal suppository as needed
    Pyridium as needed
    Physical Therapy for PFD treatment
    Acupuncture every other week

I see you have bad seasonal allergies. I doubt that would be a problem for you yet but here we are already having a lot of pollen. High pollen counts almost every day. You might try taking an antihistamine to see if that helps. Some of us have flares with seasonal allergy. Oh, I see you take zyrtec, might need something else added.
    Not to diminish your pain at all because I know you are suffering, but boy what I would give to have only had two flares!! I have pain daily with more intense pain and frequency during flares. I do understand you are hurting though, I hope you feel better soon. I would think hawaiian pizza would be a bad one.
    Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
    Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
    http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Working...
    X