Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Tried Swimming While In A Flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBZ1982
    replied
    Just to update everyone I have not been allowed by my weight loss surgeon to go swimming yet. He said once all of the scars are healed. I am hoping to go Friday. I have one scar left to heal and it is half way healed so I am hoping to go Friday. It's been almost a year since I went swimming.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    i love the relaxing feeling of water also. im going to be checking into hydrotherapy (pt or exercising in a pool) for ic.
    i wanna know. i miss swimming so much hoping chlorine wont affect my ic.. if not theres always alternatives to pools.. lakes,the ocean and such.im pretty sure a dip in a hot tub or a warm indoor therapy pool would help the pain.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sandra is right. It's never okay to strain --- it will only make it worse.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    It does sound like fun. I love being in the water. I hope it works out well for you. All that pushing to void isn't good. Have you ever had physical therapy for you pelvic floor? Sometimes that can help with that.

I hope you have a good time,

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• CBZ1982
    replied
    Originally posted by sailawaygrl View Post
    Some people find that chlorine bothers them externally. If that is a problem a trick is to put vaseline on your sensitive areas and see if that will protect you. I haven't ever been swimming when I am in a flare but sometimes I just long to be in a pool! I love the relaxing feeling of water.

What are the symptoms of your flare? If you are going to be doing serious swimming I would think that it might bother your pelvic muscles. Just hanging out in the water I wouldn't think would be a problem.

Maybe someone else will offer their opinion. I hope you have a good time.

Sandra
    When I am in flare like I am now it is just that urgency feeling. I don't really have any pelvic pain. The only pain I get is from if I pee too much such as straining and going back and forth to pee for two to three hours straight. My vagina will get really sore if I strain a lot and my back will hurt. But that is only if I strain.

The type of swimming I will be doing is just walking in the water, maybe some laps and water exercise. My husband & I have a water ball we throw back and forth to each other. In other words I guess that what I am doing is having some fun exercise nothing competitive just at my own pace. I will be doing water aerobics at a senior aquatic center luckily they let me in since they also allow disabled people in.

I just had weight loss surgery and I thought this would be more fun that my stationary bike and my Wii games for a change.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    Some people find that chlorine bothers them externally. If that is a problem a trick is to put vaseline on your sensitive areas and see if that will protect you. I haven't ever been swimming when I am in a flare but sometimes I just long to be in a pool! I love the relaxing feeling of water.

What are the symptoms of your flare? If you are going to be doing serious swimming I would think that it might bother your pelvic muscles. Just hanging out in the water I wouldn't think would be a problem.

Maybe someone else will offer their opinion. I hope you have a good time.

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• CBZ1982
    started a topic Has Anyone Tried Swimming While In A Flare?

Has Anyone Tried Swimming While In A Flare?

I will probably be going swimming on Tuesday and was wondering if swimming has bothered anyone's IC flare like making it even worse.
Working...
X