In extreme pain!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In extreme pain!!

I have been in a severe flare for two days. Last night the pain so bad it kept me awake for most of the night. It is just at a pain level of about 9 out of 10. I don't think that I have done anything differently than usual that would have sent me into this flare. I have not been super stressed, or eating or drinking things that will send me into a flare.
    The only thing that it might have been is that the humidity was extremely high yesterday. It was at about 98 percent for most of the day. But it doesn't explain why I am still in pain today.
    I have literally been in bed lying down all day trying to get the pain to stop. Taken my pain meds, using heating pads have tried some cold therapy.
    Nothing is working I am praying that tonight I can get some sleep tonight because I am just exhausted. If I can't sleep I am going to have to go to the ER. I really hate doing that but I really need this pain to stop. I need to get some sleep because I think that lack of sleep really has a detrimental effect on me.
    Thank you for letting me vent I really appreciate it...
    Kirsten
    Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
    Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
    Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
    Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
    Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
    Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
    6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
    Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
    Ambien 5mg for sleep.
    Elivil 50 mg at bed
    Lisinopril 20mg in AM
    Effexor 225 mg
    Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
    Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
    Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
    Omeprazole 20 mg at night
    Lyrica 450 mg daily
    Requip .50 mg at night
    Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

I hope your tomorrow is better.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Kirsten,
      Have you been checked for infection? Sometimes what we think is a bad flare can be a UTI and we need antibiotics. Since it's Friday night, you might look for an Urgent Care center near you instead of the ER this weekend. I hope you feel better soon.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I was checked on Wednesday and didn't have one then so I think it is just a major flare. Which really stinks.
        I did sleep some last night but not a good nights sleep, so it looks like today is another day on the couch trying to feel better.
        Thanks again.
        Kirsten
        Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
        Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
        Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
        Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
        Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
        Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
        6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
        Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
        Ambien 5mg for sleep.
        Elivil 50 mg at bed
        Lisinopril 20mg in AM
        Effexor 225 mg
        Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
        Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
        Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
        Omeprazole 20 mg at night
        Lyrica 450 mg daily
        Requip .50 mg at night
        Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Comment

I'm having a major flare up myself and it sucks!! Sitting all day at work under cold a/c doesn't help either. I'm thinking of stopping all rx'd meds. This is ridiculous what's going on.

Hope you feel better soon!
          Dg. with IC 2/15/10

Other conditions: depression, ADHD, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS-C.

Medications I'm on: Vyvanse 70mg, Xanax 1 mg as needed, Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain, Microgestin 1/20 continuously.

Supplements I'm taking: Chondroitin Sulfate, N-acetyl-glucosamine, MSM 3gr/day, Pancreatin, B-5, Ester-C, and marshmallow root tea

Comment

Working...
          X