Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treated UTI and Symptoms not Improving-Flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I totally agree with Kadi.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I'd definitely call your urologist again or go to urgent care or ER. It could be you've caught something really resistant & you may need further or stronger antibiotics.
    I'm sorry you're going through this and hope you get answers and relief soon,

Leave a comment:

• ErinL
    started a topic Treated UTI and Symptoms not Improving-Flare?

Treated UTI and Symptoms not Improving-Flare?

Hi guys,
    I was diagnosed with a UTI about a week and a half ago and started on pyridium and Macrobid. A few days later I was told the UA came back and my UTI was resistant and I needed to start on Cipro (which I wasnt able to start for two more days.) I then started having flank pain and and cramping but no fever so I just continued with the antibioics. I have been on the cipro and pyridium now for 4 days and the pain is suddenly increasing. My lower back is a mild ache but I am having severe cramping in my pelvic area (down the path of both ureters). The pyridium does not seem to be doing anything at this point and the pain is still increasing. Does this sound like a flare? Kidney infection? I'm basically trying to figure out if I need to see my urologist or my OB since he is the one who originally treated the UTI. Any help? Pain control suggestions?
    Thank you!

Erin
Working...
X