No announcement yet.

So here's the deal... any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The muscel relaxants can cause retention too?
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Still - flaring but better than it was

Hello there:-)

Well. as you all know these past two weeks has been a huge struggle for me. In the past week I have only worked maybe 12 hours of my job and I haven't been able to work even then at my workplace. I've had to work from home most of that time. It has been difficult.

I have had two uracyst treatments since Tuesday and this has done a bit better and then my doctor prescribed 2mg of diazepam - three times a day as needed. I have seen a difference with this.

With that being said, I am still in pain and I cannot drive more than 10 - 15 minutes. I wonder how I am going to make a five hour drive in a week from tomorrow??? I am not sure. I am hoping someone may drive me to the airport so that I can go and get the hydrodistension done.

I hope that the sitting starts to come soon. I just find when I sit - my entire pelvis spasms and then I want to pee, pee, pee.

But with that being said I am extremely thankful that the pain has gone down. Hopefully, I will be able to work longer hours tomorrow. Taking one day at a time for now.

Thank you everyone for your help. NOw I must curl up and read a book before let my dog in.

Thanks once again,
      Wizbe

Current Meds:
      1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
      1 Cimetidine 300mg 2x a day
      4 Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day (3600mg)
      1 - 2 Atarax 25mg at bedtime
      1 baclofen 10mg 3x a day as needed
      200mg of Pyridium 3x a day (usually do in cycles - on for a week or two as needed) - I am very careful about this.
      2 belladonna and opium suppositories as needed for pain daily.
      Bladder instillations (Lidocaine, Heparin, & Sodium Bicarbonate)

I have tried but failed -
      lidocaine instillations, heparin instillations, oxybutynin by mouth also called ditropan, tylenol 3s with coedine, cyclobenzaphrine, Ativan, vesicare, Oxytrol patches worked for 3 to 4 years and then failed, I tried Uracyst and had some success but my urologist felt that it was not successful so we moved on to trying something else. .
      [/I]

Comment

flare

Originally posted by Tuckersmom View Post
        I know this will probably sound too simplistic, but try Prelief. I had a UTI a few weeks ago that left me in an unbearable flare. In desperation, I started taking this product. Within 3 days, I was completely out of the flare. I went to Prelief's web site and after reading some amazing reviews about how other ICers had found complete relief from their symptoms by simply using Prelief several times each day, I have decided to continue to take it. Here's the link to the reviews:

http://www.akpharma.com/prelief/testimonials.html
        Cathy,
        Did you have any problems with constipation from the Prelief and how many are you taking a day?
        Thanks very much,
        Laurie

Comment

Laurie, I have suffered with constipation since I was 17 years old (I'm now 55). Virtually all the meds I am on have constipation as a side-effect. Add the Prelief to that mix and you can about imagine. However, I have been taking Lactulose syrup (prescription), mineral oil (1 tablespoon per day), and generic Miralax (prescription) every day for several years. Now that I have added the Prelief a couple of weeks ago, I am having to take 2 doses of Miralax (generic) daily, but am still only using 1 tablespoon of the mineral oil, and 1 tablespoon of the Lactulose syrup.

Comment

Laurie, I have suffered with constipation since I was 17 years old (I'm now 55). Virtually all the meds I am on have constipation as a side-effect. Add the Prelief to that mix and you can about imagine. However, I have been taking Lactulose syrup (prescription), mineral oil (1 tablespoon per day), and generic Miralax (prescription) every day for several years. Now that I have added the Prelief a couple of weeks ago, I am having to take 2 doses of Miralax (generic) daily, but am still only using 1 tablespoon of the mineral oil, and 1 tablespoon of the Lactulose syrup.
            Thanks, Cathy. I think I'll try the Prelief,(I do take it now, but only once in a while if I'm dying to eat something that will cause a problem) and deal with the side effects.

BTW, I love your little "doglet"!

Comment

Laurie, I stick to the IC diet, except for decaffeinated coffee. I take the Prelief right before I drink a mug or two of it. I am so thankful that because of Prelief, I am not deprived of this one comforting pleasure.

My little Tucker is seven years old now, and he is such a joy. He is my first ever little house dog. I never realized what joy and companionship pets can bring to our lives.

Comment

Laurie, I stick to the IC diet, except for decaffeinated coffee. I take the Prelief right before I drink a mug or two of it. I am so thankful that because of Prelief, I am not deprived of this one comforting pleasure.

My little Tucker is seven years old now, and he is such a joy. He is my first ever little house dog. I never realized what joy and companionship pets can bring to our lives.
                Thanks again, Cathy.

Pets are amazing. Our 15 year old Zachary,(min. poodle), can make me smile no matter how awful I feel.

Comment

Working...
                X