X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icwillbehealed
    replied
    Veges

I just wanted to add that cauliflower, green beans, and cabbage flare me badly, also ALL grains. It has more do do with allergic reaction, I tested positive to these on a allergy blood test and sure enough when I removed them and then re tried them, they do cause flares.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Could be preservative in the corn chips, I don't eat to many ready made items for this reason.

MG

Leave a comment:

• valkay18
    replied
    Oh, and the only veggies I've eaten are broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots (steamed plain or fresh).

Leave a comment:

• valkay18
    replied
    The corn chip & quinoa label do not have any suspect ingredients. BUT... I read somewhere that companies do not have to list certain ingredients of there is only a really small percentage of that ingredient in the food.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I suggest you read the labels on the quinoa and corn chips --- also, what veggies?

Some vegetables can be a problem.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• valkay18
    started a topic What is causing my flare?!!

What is causing my flare?!!

I am having a really bad fare right now, and I have no idea why. It's been getting worse and worse over the last few weeks. I just started my period yesterday... I know that IC gets worse the week before the period, but when does it get better? Does it normally get better after the period week?

The only new food I have introduced is quinoa. Would that cause a flare? I have been eating it pretty regularly, but thought since it seemed similar to rice, it would be okay to eat. Other than that, I've eaten nothing but plain meat, rice, veggies, and corn chips.

I had been taking Elimiron for 5 months, but it caused me really bad GI issues. So, I just went off of it a few days ago. That didn't cause flare though because it started before I went off the Elmiron. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. I feel like my worsening IC is coming between my husband and I. He seems to get irritated when I tell him about my problems. Makes me feel worse for even saying anything.
Working...
X