ARRRRGH! Worst Flare This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRRGH! Worst Flare This Year

My poor diseased bladder has had me climbing the walls since last Tuesday morning. I wnet the whole routine of going to the Uro to get checked out for a uti and the diptest and culture were both negative. I have no idea what has caused this flare-up. My boyfriend has been out of town on business since last Sunday so sex is not the culprit. I've been watching my diet with my usualdilegence. It all started when I woke up Tuesday morning with mild burning during urination and ridiculous frequency. By Thursday night I was in tears as my bladder felt like it was being slashed by razor blades. I had a smidgen of relief yesterday probably due to the fact that I took off from work Friday. This morning however my bladder is feeling like it is about to burst but when I go pee it's the old "Dribble, Dribble, Dribble routiine. My pain has turned more into a throbbing kind. If the flare wasn't enough I now have a nasty yeast infection rearing it's ugly head. Overall this year has much easier for me with a whole lot less flares and 0 UTI's. I guess here in this hellaciously hot summer we're having my bladder had decided to make up for lost time. I hate the fact that IC is a chronic disease. I am very frustrated this morning. My meds aren't helping me at all. Oh, how I HATE IC!
    TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
    IC Symptoms began in early 2001
    Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
    Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
    Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
    Wed Jan 28 2009
    (Ice Storm Accident)
    2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
    Other Injuries
    Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
    Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
    Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
    Elmiron, Pyridium

Sorry to hear that you're in a bad one right now. I never could figure out why sometimes certain meds would work like a charm during a flare and then sometimes they didn't do much of anything. It's so frustrating and exhausting. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Comment

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick, I hope tomorrow brings you relief! I hate IC too.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I hope you're feeling better this morning.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Update: My bladder refuses to calm down

I am being forced to use my sick leave due to this stupid flare and the relentless burning and frequency. I worked from home Monday and Tuesday and spent the full day at the office yesterday before decididing to take today and tomorrow off completely. I'm going to the uro for an instill tomorrow. I sure hope it gives me some relief. This morning my bladder feels like it is being stung by fire ants and I have already peed 10 times since 7am. I HATE IC!
          TexasHoney

Wed Jan 28 2009
          (Ice Storm Accident)
          Other Injuries
          Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
          Elmiron, Pyridium

Comment

Sorry I am late but I wanted you to know that I totally understand. Feeling well one moment and crawling in pain the next . You are in my prayers.

Comment

My IC Ravaged Bladder Won't Let Me Sleep

So here I am venting on the board at a little past 1am here in Texas. Since about 8pm last night I have been peeing every 20-30 minutes like clockwork. The constant "GOTTA GO" feeling is driving me CRAZY! Over the last 2 hours I am also expereincing severe stinging in my urethra during urination. The instill I had had at the uro's office hasn't helped at all. My yeast infection is slowing clearing up but I'm still having some minor vaginal irritation and discharge.
              This flare is making my life absolutely miserable. I snapped at boyfriend when he made a remark about me wearing down the carpet in the hallway of his house by going to the potty so often. I know he was only trying to be funny but I am no mood for jokes while I am in this horrible flare. I told him if the the carpet is that precious that maybe I should move out until my bladder calms down. I hate to snap back like that but I couldn't help. Only an ICer can know what we go through when we are flaring. This is the worst flare I've had in the 2 years we've going together. It's been so long since I had a flare this bad that I guess I got spoiled by having my symptoms at least about 50% under control the majority of time these past 2 years. Thanks for reading my rant. I know I can count on you fellow ICer's to understand.
              Last edited by TexasHoney; 08-26-2011, 07:34 PM.
              TexasHoney

Wed Jan 28 2009
              (Ice Storm Accident)
              Other Injuries

CURRENT MEDS
              Elmiron, Pyridium

Comment

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

[3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I wanted to thank you again, TexasGirl, for your reply to my post yesterday.

I could directly relate to your snapping at your boyfriend for the joke. Ranting is probably one of the great benefits of this group and ranting should be promoted. I could relate about Tuesday, too. Didn't need the alarm clock to wake me, as the burning did it for me. You've been through a lot and appreciation for almost any jokes, especially ones directed at IC-related behavior, aren't usually well received by most, I think.

I've noticed that I stop communicating at work during the long walk from my desk to the bathroom during flares. I don't want to talk and don't want to foster any of the "you just went" jokes from otherwise well-meaning co-workers. I know we're doing all we can to keep it together at that point.

I'm such a smart-ass that I'd probably buy a rug and hide it somewhere and throw it down on the carpet the next time someone made a joke, given the same situation.
                  Last edited by LN238; 08-27-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

So sorry about your flair It is such a bummer after feeling good for so long.
                    I was feeling better for like 3 weeks, and then had cysto and I am reminded again how bad it was in the beginning. You almost forgot what the pain and urgency is until you get a flair again.. so I totally feel for you!
                    I am up in middle of the night too tonight wondering if it worth going to back to bed. Here is prayer for all those who can't sleep and are in pain!
                    -Pammylynn Rose
                    Wishing everyone a pain free bladder day!

Painful symptoms start in May 2011
                    Diagnosed with IC in Aug 2011

MEDICATIONS
                    Elmiron
                    Axert (only for rare migraines)
                    Strict IC diet
                    Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

Comment

So sorry for your pain and suffering. I dislike EVERYONE when I'm flaring. All I can think about is my misery. So I understand your snapping at your boyfriend. I'm sure he'll understand when things are better. That's what true love is about.

Feel better soon!
                      Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                      X