Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbeaman
    replied
    Melissa I am seeing a IC urologist on the 8th. My gyno is just trying to keep me comfy through the flare and until the appt. He's been so kind! I always use heating pads. I've probably fried my insides.

Leave a comment:

• Melissa66
    replied
    I'm so sorry you're suffering like this. Have you considered seeing a urologist who is familiar with treating IC? I too went to my gyno when the symptoms first hit and he treated it like a UTI. When the pain continued he told me to see a urologist.

In my opinion you need to be on drugs specifically for IC. Elmiron works for many -- it worked for me for years. Another effective drug is Enablex which I'm on now. Enablex combined with Depakote works well for me. I'm almost symptom free on this drug cocktail. But every IC patient is different in terms of what works and what doesn't.

I urge you to see a urologist and try specific IC meds in order to find relief. Good luck and keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    Originally posted by Pammylynn8 View Post
    btw- not sure if you now this but for some ppl ibuprofen makes it worse.. I know that totally stinks and maybe not the case for you. I only take a little. Mostly I do the baking soda with water because that works wayyyy better!
    ops sorry you already addressed the ibuprophen, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    btw- not sure if you now this but for some ppl ibuprofen makes it worse.. I know that totally stinks and maybe not the case for you. I only take a little. Mostly I do the baking soda with water because that works wayyyy better!

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    I used cold packs for below and hot pad on tummy area. That really helps on a bad day. Have you tried this?

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you get some kind of relief soon.

Leave a comment:

• bbeaman
    replied
    Yeah I have heard several of you guys tell me this. Since it doesn't touch the pain I don't know why I even bother.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    When you go in tomorrow, I suggest you ask for additional pain meds to last until your uro appointment. Ibuprofen is a problem for many ICers so you might want to be cautious using it.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• bbeaman
    started a topic feeling horrilbe

feeling horrilbe

if you've read my story you know I haven't officially been diagnosed yet. But my gyno is 99% sure I have IC and I feel absolutely horrible. I have felt so bad for 2 weeks now. I was started back on Emilron and the diet 2 weeks ago. I've had 3 rescue solutions in the last week and plan to go in tomorrow for my 4th. I was given Tyelnol 3 enough to last 3 days (although my urology appt. is still a week away) with no refills so I'm almost out of those and ibuprofen does nothing with this severe pain. This flare is more horrible than the one that made them think and test for it last yr. This is really depressing me and I just want some relief. Sorry I guess I just needed a place to vent and talk.
Working...
X