Flare and Despair: Tracking my day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare and Despair: Tracking my day

So I woke up at 6:30 am and took my first dose of Elmiron. For breakfast a hour and a half later I ate a fried egg (cooked with a pinch of butter) on a half of a brown rice tortilla. I drank a big glass of Arrowhead water 7+ ph?. Between 6:30 am - 9:06 I urinated 5 times. My heparin, lidocane, saline and sodium bicarbonate treatment was administered by my Ob/gyn at 9:30 am. As soon as I left his office, my eyes became blurry. My sunglasses helped some. I went home and stretched across the bed. My poor pelvis was aching on my right side. Perhaps, it was my right ovary?? At 10:46 I urinated again. I was still in pain. Around 11:10, I made myself a salad with organic Trader Joe's feta, a pinch of sea salt, Italian seasoning and TJ's garlic infused olive oil. For additonal protein, I ate a small piece of baked chicken ( cooked w a splash of olive oil, sea salt,honey and garlic). I drank half a bottle of Icelandic Glacier water. I usually drink IG 8+ ph or Fiji water 7+ph.My pelvis is on fire still and as of 1:09 I have gone to the bathroom 8 times since waking up. I have responded so well to the rescue treatments, Elmiron and the Elavil generic. I only have 3 more rescue treatmenets to go. Sigh... what is going on with me? I am usually so upbeat, but today I feel DESPAIR on account of this tiring "ole" flare. I should hear more results from my allergist tomorrow and will see a gastr. doc. per my allergist's request on Thursday. Docs, docs and more doctors. But, I know that there will be better days. It's just a bit overwhelming right now. Thanks for listening. It helps to know I am not alone. MUWAH!
    Last edited by AnewLiz; 09-13-2011, 09:28 AM.

When I' m in a flare I eat plain scrambled eggs and plain toast for days. Have you tired soaking in a hot tub of water?
    IC diagnosis 3 weeks ago.
    Vesicare 10 mg once daily
    IBS and Gerd-Zegerid
    IC diet
    Elmiron 100 mg three daily
    Hydroxyzine 25 mg at night
    Amitriptyline 10mg at night
    Diovan 60/12.5 daily
    Topral 50 mg daily
    Zoloft 100 mg at night
    Klonopin .5 twice daily

Comment

Flare & Despair Update

Thanks for the hot bath tip. Well, I am slowing down a bit I guess. It is now 3:59 and I have voided twice (total of 10 times so far). But, the dull ache in my pelvis (right ovary??) is still there. I had to go pick up my Elmiron prescription and couldn't bear to put back on my shorts (IC jelly belly), so I wore leggings in the 100+ heat. Needless to say I am soaked. I am watching Anderson Cooper on tv. His new show is a welcome distraction.
      Hey guys, besides taking a warm bath, what else can I do soothe the pain that is nagging me???? Thanks a bunch.
      BTW: The Elmiron coupon on the mfr. website saved me 20 bucks. Check it out.

Comment

for the pain I also use Tiger Balm pain patches (over the counter) you can find them at WalGreens or Wal-Mart.
        IC diagnosis 3 weeks ago.
        Vesicare 10 mg once daily
        IBS and Gerd-Zegerid
        IC diet
        Elmiron 100 mg three daily
        Hydroxyzine 25 mg at night
        Amitriptyline 10mg at night
        Diovan 60/12.5 daily
        Topral 50 mg daily
        Zoloft 100 mg at night
        Klonopin .5 twice daily

Comment

what else can I do soothe the pain that is nagging me????
          Ice packs on the pelivc area and between the legs. Hope you feel better.

PS--Your diet sounds good, but not all flares are food-induced. Stress is a major cause, so be sure to make necessary changes to reduce and manage it. Additionally, flares seem to happen for no reason at all that we can determine. Just the nature of IC.

Comment

Working...
          X