GOOD NEWS! I have a UTI! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD NEWS! I have a UTI! :)

Haha, I know this sounds funny, but I am SO GLAD that my urine culture came back with bacteria! This means I can take antibiotics and finally stop hurting!

I have been in a severe "flare" for over a month now. I knew it was an infection but since no bacteria was showing up (with the dip tests), the doctor wouldn't give me antibiotics. The way I could tell it wasn't IC was because the things that usually help (Atarax, very strict IC diet, pelvic floor exercises) were not doing ANYTHING! The pain was so bad that I was actually in LESS pain if I drank a glass of wine.

Well my urine that they sent out for culture finally came back with an infection! I got the call from the lab a few minutes ago, now I am just waiting for the pharmacy to call me and let me know my prescription is ready.

Sometimes I think that a lot of my "flares" are actually low grade bladder infections that don't have enough bacteria to show up on the standard in-office tests, and then they end up going away on their own...
    Medications and Supplements:
    BladderQ
    Pyridium
    D-Mannose powder
    Cranmax

Lifestyle:
    Lacto-ovo-vegetarian and IC diet
    Meditation
    Positive mental attitude!

it's an infection

Yay! Soy, I'm so glad you have an infection.

Seriously, I hope the antibiotics clear things up for you quickly.

Feel better.
    Laurie

Comment

I remember the very first time I said that to my Uro. Him and the nurse started laughing but yippee for ya!! I know how you feel and thought I was the only one who had said that. ha

Comment

I think we're the only ones who celebrate a UTI! (I also celebrate my period - when it doesn't give me a migraine - because the IC usually gets better that week. )
        Hope this sets you on the road to recovery & that you feel better very soon,
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Wish I could add my period to the wish list too but I dread that so much. I get migraines then too and dizzy. Our stupid hormones. Shoot them I say. Shoot them

Comment

Working...
          X