Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferbruary 3rd quote of the day

Hi everyone,

Sorry the board has been quiet lately. I am having terrible medical problems. They think I may have Crohn's disease. I go for an Upper GI on the 8th and will know the results on the 12th. I am on basically a liquid diet. I am drinking Ensure Plus to get the vitamins and nutrients that I need.

Here is today's quote of the day:
    Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you can not bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain.
    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Lots of love,
    Laura xoxoxo

That is a lovely quote,Laura. So sorry you are so ill. Hope that you feel better soon .

Love&Huggggs

Lorie

Comment

Laura, I'm sorry that you are so ill. Poor you. Thank you so much for the quote ~ I can really relate to it. I've spent a good part of my life trying to avoid pain, and it has only been in the last 6 years that I have begun to see that denying pain simply increases it's potential for permenant damage, whether it's physical,mental, emotional or spiritual pain. I also found that if I cut off the feeling of pain in my heart, I lose my capacity for joy. I am learning to accept all that life has for me (sometimes with a struggle). Denying pain doesn't make it go away ~ denial just cripples our ability to deal with it in a healthy manner. I am blessed to be surrounded by friends and immediate family (hubby and daughter)who take my pain seriously. My family(parents, siblings) is a bit different (guess where I learned to deny pain?). My family doctor has been great, too. I'm pretty new to this game, and I have discoved that I can still be a bit stoic about physical pain. I tend to grit my teeth during painful procedures, and hesitate to ask for pain meds. Your quote reminded me that I need to address my pain honestly with doctors. There's so much to learn! Thanks again, and I am praying pain-free days for you!
      Kelly
      "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights."
      Psalm 18:32 - 33

Comment

Hi Lorie and Kelly,

I am happy that the two of you liked the quote. Kelly, I too, tend to not ask for pain meds and end up regretting it after. I'm glad you got as much out of the quote as I did! Our pain is real and as much as we ignore it, it will still be there.

I hope you are both having a pain-free day.

Lots of love,
        Laura xoxoxo

Comment

Working...
        X