Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 22nd poem of the day

Hi all,

I have just gotten home from the hospital once again. They believe that I might have Crohn's disease. I am in complete shock right now. I already have the IC and fibro. I don't know how much more I can take right now. I read this and it gave me some comfort. I hope it does the same for all of you.

Keep Believing in Yourself

There may be days
    when you get up in the morning
    and things aren't the way
    you had hoped they would be.

That's when you have to
    tell yourself that things will get better.
    There are times when people
    disappoint you and let you down,

but those are the times
    when you must remind yourself
    to trust your own judgments and opinions,
    to keep your life focused on believing in yourself

and all that you are capable of.
    There will be challenges to face
    and changes to make in your life,
    and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed
    in the right direction for you.
    It may not be easy at times,
    but in those times of struggle

you will find a stronger sense of who you are,
    So when the days come that are filled
    with frustration and unexpected responsibilities,
    remember to believe in yourself

and all you want your life to be,
    because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.

~Author Unknown~

Lots of love,
    Laura xoxo

Dear Laura,

I am truly sorry that you are having such health problems.....Please keep posting the poems, and quotes they are great.....

thanks again

((((hugs)))

Ruth
    Ruthie

Comment

very very nice, thank you.....I love that you are doing this. Sometimes our bodies are foreign objects, eh? I never told my body to get sick...who would, yet they do it anyway....sorry to hear you are ill. Lots of healing hugs, Julie B
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

{{{{{Laura}}}}} My step-daughter has chrone's and she has been doing VERY VERY well! If she would stay away from the fast food joints she would be doing even better. Her son just turned 1 yesterday and she is due again in Aug....so she has found life/with chrones to be possible, praying the same for you.

Thank you soooooooooooo much for what you have decided to do with this board It's wonderful...tons of prays and a ton of fluffy hugs teri
        teri
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Thank you Kris, Ruthie, Julie, and Teri!!!!!!
          I am happy that it is helping you. That's what I'm here for. I will do my best to keep it up.

Lots of love,
          Laura

Comment

Working...
          X