Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite "feel-good" thing to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite "feel-good" thing to do?

I want to hear what everyone's favorite, rejuvenating, feel-good things are to do. One of my most cherished memories is staying in a fancy hotel room, all by myself, over-looking the harbour and mozying around in my hotel room in the fancy plush bathrobe that they provided and eating m&m's and other assorted treats that were provided in the room. I followed that up with room service for dinner that I sat and ate on my bed while watching tv.

Sure could use that right now. BrendaD

Maui I can still see in clearly in my head....I go back there as often as I can when I close my eyes. The resort, the food, the room service, just the service The wonderful people. The privacy. The smell. It was a dream come true and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could. It was heaven on earth
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

My best experience was a cruise my husband and I took this past February. We went on the Carnival Triump 7 day Western Carribean Cruise. From the time we got on the ship we were pampered until we got off. I wasn't diagnosed with IC then, but two weeks before we went on the cruise I was back to my Primary Physician and again the urine culture was negative, but he gave me an antibiotic and difocan. I was basically symptom free the entire cruise which made it so enjoyable. Of course two weeks back from the cruise I started in pain again. When I look back now the food bladder irritants that I have found for me I wasn't eating on the cruise either. As soon as we got home I booked another cruise (Eastern Carribean) for this February 2002. I can't wait. I just hope I am remission from this IC.
      Karen
      -----------------------------------
      Start each day with a smile and you'll be surprised how far that smile will go.
      Others will see it, start smiling themselves,and then pass it on to the people they meet.
      Before you know it, the whole world will be smiling!

Comment

My second most cherished memory of a "feel-good" moment was when the end of the VietNam conflict was announced. The first most cherished moment was when I got word two weeks later that my hubby was on his way home safe and sound.

As for now, it feels really good when one of my band kids gives me a hug and says, "Thanks Mom." For me, one of the most gratifying things to see is a happy child.

Thanks {{{{{Brenda}}}}} for posting that question, and for the good feelings it brought out.

With Love,
        Cricket
        "The beauty of the human mind over the body is that if you can't run, you can walk; if you can't walk, you can crawl; if you can't crawl - stay still and imagine getting there. ~ Johnnetta B. Cole ~"

Comment

My most feegood thing was when I had my first ultrasound. When I first saw the heartbeat, it was amazing! (first-time mom) I'm really going to cherish this parent thing.
          Hugs to you all,
          JAime
          Tons of support,
          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Sitting in our favorite restaurant on the Kona Coast of the big island of Hawaii --- looking out over the calm, peaceful ocean.....and eating pancakes with coconut syrup.

:::::sigh:::::
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

My favourite thing was just walking along a high cliff over the sea where I live in beautiful devon. I felt so alive and so free. I love to see the sea and have all that space around me. But with this ic I haven't been to my favourite place (Bolberry Down) in a long while because there are no loos(bathrooms to you) for miles but plenty of people with binoculars! Maybe soon?
              Love to all icers, Janet

Comment

I went to a spa after I had to put my cherished cat to sleep after 16 years to cheer myself up with a friend from work.
                An amazing Facial Massage that was even better than the Body Massage I had for 1/2 hour. I have bad allergies and the facial
                massage was like heaven for my sinus area.
                Previously I couldn't understand why anyone would want a 1/2 facial now I wished I had.
                They played relaxation music and I almost fell asleep. It wasn't that expensive because
                it's a place for families and we went on the off season in September No Kids! Wonderful!

Comment

I have four English Setters. In my kitchen I have a low stool. I sit on the stool so that my dogs can mug me with affection and love.

Other than that, a great golf shot. I thought I was going to have to give up the game until I found this website which educated me and gave me hope. With help from all of you on your list of forbidden foods and water, I can now play 18 again! Thank you.

Lastly, laughing with a good friend.

Comment

My honeymoon to Oahu (first time in Hawaii)was my favorite vacation. But my favorite feel-good thing is having a pedicure. I used to HATE having my feet touched or people touching me with their feet (still do), but after having my first pedicure in December I feel one step closer to heaven. Big cushie chair, music, feet and leg massage, heated slippers and sexy little toe nails when I walk out....ohhhhh I think I need to make another appointment. Angie
                    Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around..that's what it's all about..whoooo!
                    While we have the gift of life,
                    it seems to me the only tragedy
                    is to allow part of us to die --
                    whether it is our spirit,
                    our creativity,
                    or our glorious uniqueness.
                    Gilda Radner

Comment

Working...
                    X