Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally know what is going on!

Hi everyone,

I feel so bad that I haven't been on here in a long time. As some of you know, I have been ill for quite some time. After going through almost every test imaginable, the GI finally knows what is wrong with me. I will get the final diagnosis tomorrow, but he believes it to be celiac disease. I am allergic to gluten. I have hardly been eating, but in the last week I have started a gluten-free diet. This is so hard!! I thought the IC diet was complicated, this particular diet is oatrageous. I have been doing tons of research and trying to figure it all out. The disease has caused quite a bit a damage. It will take anywhere from 1-3 years for my small intestine to heal. I have been thinking about all of you. I miss you guys. After tomorrow when I know exactly what is going on and know if there are vitamin deficiencies, I should be back on here regularly. Thanks to all of you who have helped with this board. You are all angels.

Lots of hugs {{{}}}
    Laura xox

((((((((((((((Laura)))))))))))))))))
    I am so sorry you are so ill..
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you and know that I do care !!!

~~Hugs: Debbie~~
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

{{{{{{{{Laura}}}}}}}}}
      I was thinking about you this morning, wondering what was going on. Glad you posted!

A friend of mine, her boyfriend has celiac disease. I had never heard of it until him. Anyway, they managed to find or make workarounds to avoid gluten in his diet. She always had good luck finding gluten-free stuff at health food stores. Thank goodness for the health food community! Otherwise, we ICer's and others would have even less food options!

Anyway, I just wanted to post and let you know that I know someone who has this and is managing it well. I'm sure you'll get to that point too. Your too strong and intelligent not too!

Hang in there...and welcome back!
      Hugs,
      Melanie J.

[This message has been edited by MelanieJ (edited 02-21-2001).]
      "The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

I am currently on a wheat/gluten free diet also. It was much harder in the beginning, but I am not having problems finding things to eat now. If you e-mail me i could try and help you
        [email protected]

Comment

Thank you all so much. I did go to the doctor yesterday and my biopsy came back negative. We are still waiting on the blood test results. The GI is giving me a month off gluten-free of course. I also have to avoid lactose. In a month we will know more and if necessary I may have to have some tests redone. As with IC, sometimes these things take time. I can be patient. Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement.

Lots of hugs,
          Laura xoxo

Comment

Working...
          X