X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IC SARAH-CPP
    ICN Member
    • Jan 2005

Kara,
    I just wanted to chime in that the pill form of the fentanyl is called Fentora(sp) and is supposed to work really well. I read the clinical study information on it and it sounds promising. And many doctors and insurance companies seem to be more willing to prescribe it, maybe because it is cheaper and in a pill form?? Not sure, just a guess.
    I know this wont help if they wont give you anything but maybe for the future? I dont know what to say except I am thinking of you and sending hugs.
    Love Sarah
    Current meds; , effexor 37.5 mg 2 times a day, and lyrica 100 mg 3 times a day, lots of reading and snuggling with the pets!

Comment

• Mel53H
      ICN Member
      • Sep 2004

Kara, How about Darvon?
      Meds I take:
      Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
      Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
      Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
      Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
      Nexium- for Gerd
      Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
      Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
      Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
      I coated aspirin
      02 at bedtime

Comment

• Moonheart
        ICN Member
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by toby75
        Kara

I read the list of drugs you are allergic too. What type of reaction do you have to those drugs?

I didn't see you list any hydrocodone or oxycodone. Although they are both derived from the same type of opiates. Vicoden,Lortab,lorcet,norco are hydrocodoens. Percocet, Percodan, oxycontin (time released) are from oxycodone.

Another one is Darvocet, but is the weakest pain relief there is, which probably would not control your pain.

I just weened myself off of oxycontin and lortabs. Problem I am having is my bladder pain came back with a vengence. I had to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes and the urge never left me. I was forced today to get percocet, I wanted so bad to be done with the narcotics and I made it through the w/ds but my bladder is in a tailspin. I just went through 6 nights of not sleeping at all, and when I mean at all, I mean maybe 1 hour a night and that was with prescription sleep aids, you name it. I took a percocet this morning and my bladder feels great. I just don't understand.

Do you have trouble sleeping at night? Do you have urgency that is so bad you cannot lay in bed without the constant feeling of having to urinate???
        I have that when I'm not on narcotics. I have to go every 15-20 min. and it's absolutely devastating. It drives me to distraction really. Totally unbearable.
        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Working...