Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I have been fighting severe urethral pain for the past 2 yrs. It's been AWFUL! I have had IC for almost 30 yrs but the urethral pain started after my Gastric Bypass surgery. I couldn't even bend over because of the urethral pain. I tried everything the IC dr. could try and nothing was working. Then my husband did some online searching and on this site he found some people were using MSM gel. So he ordered some for me. It sat in my bathroom for a week before I got up the guts to try it. I was worried it would burn or make things worse. Finally when I was hurting so bad one day I put some on (or in and around) and I couldn't believe that by the next morning I was starting to feel better! That was 10 days ago and I haven't had urethral pain......OR a flare since I started using it! I know every IC'er is different......but this stuff works great for me. Now I'm sold on the stuff! If you want more info send me a message and I'll give you the website. Good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    That urethral pain is such a tricky one! Sorry you are dealing with that. I sometimes put an ice pack (one of the ones you can mold a little bit, not just straight ice cubes, but that should work, too) in between my legs and sometimes that helps. My physical therapist also suggested freezing water inside the fingers of a rubber glove and then actually sticking the finger inside your vagina to ease muscular and urethral pain.

Leave a comment:

• dodgewoman
    started a topic Ureathral pain?

Ureathral pain?

This is new to me during this flare. I have had pain in my urethra b/f when I was passing a kidney stone, and a day here or there. This time though it's constant and I can NOT get it to go away. It's driving me insane and I'm avoiding sex b/f of it. The thought of anything rubbing there makes me shudder. I have lidocane cream that I use and while it helps some it's not taking it most of it away. Is there anything else I an try?
Working...
X