• Bessie
    replied
    Donna,
    You are so cute with your new internet hook-up
    Kind of like a kid in a candy shop :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    I think some people do get it from things like that. Someone on here got it from a pap smear. I dont think they were saying that everyone gets it b/c of that, just that she had.
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    OK, am I reading this article wrong. Is it saying the lady got interstital cystitis because she was exposed to tear gas. How can that be? I know we was not all exposed to tear gas?

Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Sarah, I am happy that your family understand it better now. I know when families and friends understand it, it can bring great comfort to you.

Donna I just think you got the smart of understanding computers. I am still slow at it and I have high speed. It's funny how kids catch on to this computer stuff faster than their parent.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Definitely -- any non-negative mention of IC is great!

As our Angel of the Airwaves, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask any of you who feel you are able to write a letter to YOUR local newspaper -- you can go to their website and find the editor's email (and sometimes the health editor's email) there. Describe IC, tell them how debilitating it is, tell them how many of us can't get a good diagnosis for years, and that when we do, we are often treated badly anyway. Tell them you want to get the word out that this is a real disease -- not in the patient's head. If you're brave, offer to tell your own story. I did

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Donna, I couldnt believe it when you said you had to use dialup internet before this. You truly have the heart and patience of an angel! Seriously. To do everything you do here, which I know must take a lot of time, and do it on such a slow connection, man I just can't believe it.
    I spend quite a bit of time searching and looking at google earth too.It is pretty cool. One thing I LOVE about the internet is getting recipes online. I love to cook, especially french food, and cookbooks are expensive. But ha, now I get them online! My favorite cookbook of all time, Barefoot in Paris, has almost all of its recipes online now. Too bad I paid 40 dollars for the book before I knew that!
    Sarh

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Maggie: I'm loving my new "magic" internet connection! I've searched and searched and searched --- and looked at google earth a lot.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kara Isabel
    replied
    I think ANY mention is great for awareness!

Kara I.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    thank you I am pringting it up and leaving it on hubbys pc desk..

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Hey, at least it mentioned IC and said it was a serious pain condition. The rest of the article was just about medical marijuana but any mention of IC makes me happy. As long as it isnt negative. LOL
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    Hey, Donna - it's fun with dsl isn't it? Fast too!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I found it at http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local01.txt The reference to IC is in the caption below the picture at the beginning of the article. Not much, but at least IC is mentioned.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I hope the article will be available on line. I'll try doing a search.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    started a topic Article about IC on front page of Hawaii Tribune

Article about IC on front page of Hawaii Tribune

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to post a quick message to tell you that there was an article about IC on the front page of the Hawaii Tribune yesterday. They were talking about how severe IC is and about this girl who uses medical marijuana for her pain mgmt of IC. It was a well written article and seemed to be quite honest about how bad IC can be. I was happy it was there because my husband, mother in law, and father in law all read the article and said it gave them new insight in to what I go through every single day.
    Sarah
Working...
X