Help with pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pain

I'm having severe pain around both hips, could this be related to IC?
    Does anyone else have this pain?
    Tammy
    God bless you all
    ----------------------
    dx: ic- February 2004
    dx: ibs- February 2005
    dx: endo- October 2006
    dx: rheumatoid arthritis - August 2007
    Asthma, migraines, hiatal hernia, esophagus erosion, acid reflux, vasovagal syncope
    rheumatoid arthritis

Orencia (rheumatoid arthritis)
    xanax
    elmiron -- had to stop due to hair loss
    advair
    vicodin
    albuterol
    singular

Yes it can be related to IC, but might not be. You should probably see an orthopedist and/or rheumatologist just to rule out other possibilitied before you can safely assume it's just radiating IC pain.
    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I also have the same experience. At first we thought it was related to my osteo-arthritis, or my back surgeries, but we have now nailed it down to part and parcel of having IC. I have to walk with a cane when I go out because sometimes the pain is so severe that it literally brings me down. Good luck with your pain, so far the only thing that works for me on top of the pain meds is lying down with a heat pack over the pelvic/hip area. I'm sorry for your pain and hope that you are able to get through it. Contact me anytime if you want support.
      Lol,
      Curlette
      Hugs,
      Curlette

Drugs I use now:
      HM Contin 12mg twice daily
      2 mg Dilaudid for breakthrough pain
      Temazepam for sleep
      CES orally

Drugs I have used in the past:
      Elmiron
      Elavil
      Gabapentin
      Vagifem
      Lomotil
      Ativan
      Buscopan
      Demerol
      Flexeril
      Way too many to list!!!!!

Medical History:
      Have had L4 laminectomy, L4,5 & S1 discectomies, cholecystectomy, appendectomy, gall bladder removed, nasal surgery for accute sinusitis, severe,endometriosis resulting in a total hysterectomy. Also diagnosed with IC, IBS, severe spinal stenosis, severe osteo-arthritis, I wear hearing aids in both ears due to an earlier "abusive marriage". I have Hepatitis C Type 1b, have had this for over 3 decades, this has affected my liver and immune system. Had a blood tranfusion when I was in the Middle East and we think that I got the Hep C at that time.They buy the "blood" there, and as it was so many years ago, they didn't even know the disease existed.I have lost over 60 lbs since my botched hysterectomy where they had to go in again and remove 4 feet of my colon where they had mistakenly stapled it through. I've shrunk from 5'9 to 5'6 because of the osteoporosis. When they first diagnosed me with IC, they found out that my bladder is only 40% the size of a normal bladder, which explains why I have to pee so often, even aside from the IC! I Have had two hydrodistentions, so far, but will need more on a regular basis. We all need to have faith that they will find a cure soon.
      I believe that if we can reduce our stress, learn better ways to cope, we may have a better chance of dealing with this!!!

Comment

Re: Help with pain

Thank you for your replies. I can't believe all the pain this disease causes,
        abdominal pain, hip pain, kidney pain and back pain. I don't want to become dependent on pain medication, so I don't usually take anything unless it gets unbearable which has been the past few days. Thanks again for your replies.
        Tammy
        God bless you all
        ----------------------
        dx: ic- February 2004
        dx: ibs- February 2005
        dx: endo- October 2006
        dx: rheumatoid arthritis - August 2007
        Asthma, migraines, hiatal hernia, esophagus erosion, acid reflux, vasovagal syncope
        rheumatoid arthritis

Orencia (rheumatoid arthritis)
        xanax
        elmiron -- had to stop due to hair loss
        advair
        vicodin
        albuterol
        singular

Comment

About eight weeks ago I noticed my right hip hurting. It seemed to be right in the socket. The the next day it moved to my left hip. I also have alot of pain in my kidney area. I don't have frequency at all.I told my uro last time I was there and she did not think that was normal pain areas. She told me to write down where the pain is and tell her next time I am in. I have read a lot of threads on here and I thought they were wrong when they thought I had IC. My pain first started in my kidneys. In Jan 2007, they did the hyrdo and confirmed I had severe IC. I don't seems to be affected by diet as much. I can't drink a lot of things, but most foods I am fine. My hip did not start until they did the hydro. I am starting to wonder if I have PFD.
          Meds on now:

dextro 10mg

5000mg Vitamin D- when tested, I was sooo low.
          Compound Hormones- Had hysterectomy when 24, ovaries out 37

At night:

4mg Zanaflex- Fibro & PFD
          plendil- Raynalds

I have Fibro, IC, IBS, PFD, Raynauds.

Tried:

Past Meds
          Lexpro- changed to Cymbalta for better pain relief –off both
          Ultram – three times a day. Helped , I was tired of always being so tired.
          Elmiron-took for a year-
          Topamax-Did not need anymore since on dextro.
          Atarax- did not need anymore

Pictures: Hubby & Me, Ozzy, My three Sons!!
          What a proud Mother I am!!

Comment

I get hip pain as well and always thought it was my fibro or my hip was soar from sleeping on that side, now I wonder? I do notice at times in the middle of the night I have to change sides cause my hip hurts too much to sleep in it. I only sleep on my sides mostly and on my back when my pain is soooo severe I have to get my heating pad out and lay on about 4 pillows to prop my head and body up to try and get comfy. Who knows maybe it is IC too? My body hurts in so many places I get confused on what is causing it all the time! Is it the Fibro or IC..... lets see..? Well you all take care and I hope your pain gets better!
            God Bless, Cassandra
            dx Fibromyalgia April 2000
            dx Endo. Dec. 2003 had hystorectomy Feb. 2004
            dx IC May 2004
            dx Acid Reflex Nov. 2009
            dx Restless Leg Syndrom July 2010
            dx Degenerative Arthritis in my spine Oct. 2011
            lost my mind: A long time ago!! LOL

Isaiah 41:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Meds: Elmiron 100mg once daily, Gabapentin 3200mg daily for nerve pain, Trazadone 50mg, Morphine ER 30mgs 2 times a day for chronic pain , Norco 10/325mg 2 times a day for breakthrough pain, Simvastatin 20mg for high cholesterol, Omeprazole 40mg once a day for Acid reflux, Oxybutynin 5mg twice daily for bladder frequency and spasms, Pyridium as needed, and Zyrtec once daily for allergies
            Also a big hug and kiss from my husband Joe and my 4 kids-Jo-Jo, Jenae, Victoria, and Janelle everyday as needed, ( I take this "med" often )!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X