Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breezy1218
    replied
    Thanks for the advice, ladies. I will kind of let him do his thing for a while, and in all honesty, I'd rather have breakthrough pain relief and I'm afraid if he started long acting ones, he'd maybe stop the others, and I don't want that to happen! I also did ask about the Provigil, and it's a possibility but he's hoping that switching off the Neurontin will help the sedation.

I see him again in 4 weeks, but he gave me enough in scripts to last well beyond that. I can refill my month's Percocet after May 9th, so I won't need an appt just for that.

Maybe this will be ok after all!

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm with Sandy... the shorter acting ones are also more likely to cause problems than the long acting ones. However, I am happy you feel much more positive about this appointment, and I hope you do get the pain control you need.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I'm not sure I agree with your doctor about long acting opiods causing more of tolerance than the short acting ones. I've always been told and taught it's the other way around. You have to keep taking more and more of the short acting meds because they just don't last long enough. But, it's good that you felt he was communicating with you and willing to give you pain meds.

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Breezy,
    I'm so happy to hear that your pain management appt went well. I know how scary it can be to worry about not having pain meds. My uro just told me that he thinks the meds he put me on will lower my pain a lot and didn't give me anymore pain meds! I hope that you have success with the meds that he's giving you.

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I am glad you are getting what you need. I saw your post on the TENS. Give it some time. I think you will like it. Did they show you where to put the leads? I use mine on back and when pressure is unbearable on lower buttocks region and inside thighs. That is where they placed them when I went through PT for PFD. Good Luck. I am thinking of going to a pain clinic myself, and am hopefully get a referral to the one ihurtoo goes to since she broke them in on IC.

Leave a comment:

• Breezy1218
    started a topic Much more positive pain appt follow up

Much more positive pain appt follow up

Followed up with the pain doc and signed my contract today (and got my TENS unit). I feel much better about things now. He rearranged my meds a little, is switching me from Neurontin to Topamax (I feel like since I started that I've been eating when I haven't been sleeping ). He is increasing the Zanaflex from every eight hours to every six, to take with the Percocet. No talk of stopping the Percocet this time, did mention the possibility of increasing it, depending on how all of this goes. He would rather increase that than start on a long acting; he thinks tolerance builds up faster on a long acting opioid and would rather wait on that. I am OK with that for now.

He just seemed so much more open, and this time said he was not worried about a dependence issue with me (I got that impression with my first visit). So, I feel much better having a sense that he trusts me!
Working...
X