The darvacet helps again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The darvacet helps again

Had a talk with my PT this morning. She still wants me going to her for the back massage and heat. She said in the long run it will help. Guess I need to stop fighting all of this and do what she says. She really seems to know because today instead of taking the vicodin I decided to try a davacet which I haven't had help with the pain in a while. It actually helped! :woohoo: Plus even after I had made everything worse later on using one of those massage/heating pad things. Finally found one and they don't massage. It's just a vibrator which I tried to use for 3 minutes and it killed my bladder and really has killed my lower back. Had a hard time doing my walking but I'm hoping she can fix that tomorrow. Either way it was still a good day. I am so thrilled PT is helping this time. I left the tens off this morning when I went and even with it off the pain was only 7 after she did the massage and heat. It was 9 when I got there. I'm sure my Uro will be thrilled to hear about the darvacet on Thursday. He really wanted me to stick to that and not the vicodin. Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!:woohoo: I could dance the night away if it wasn't for my back.

My PT is really nice too. I had posted earlier how I thought she didn't like me. Guess we have finally hit our "clicking" phase. She was busy and told me to stay on the heat as long as I wanted and leave when I wanted. She is also (if she remembers) bringing her pilate (think spelled right) tape tomorrow so I can try using it. It's the beginner one. She was telling me how it took her 1 1/2 years to get in better shape and I told her I was expecting 1 month for me. Amazing how good a day can be when the pain is better.
    Last edited by waterflow; 04-24-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: added

glad to hear that it helped you. also glad that you and the pt person clicked, it makes for a nicer visit.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

See I told you she liked you...
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

YAY!! Yup, I am with leelee - it wasn't you at all!! I had the same experience like I said when I first started going for my back, it just was probably the newness and "getting to know you" phase, hee hee!!!!

PT really really helped my back - when I started I had limited range of motion and thanks to my PT, my last day I could bend in ways that I couldn't just a few weeks prior!!!

Keep up the good work, and glad to hear things are much better all the way around with the physical therapy! And what, you mean I can't do it in a month either??? I want to weigh less NOW!!!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day