Ora Morph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ora Morph?

My pain management doctor wants me to switch from the MsContin to Ora Morph and titrate the dose up and get rid of my breakthrough meds.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with OraMorph? And HOW is it different from the MsContin?

Thanks!
    Kara
    Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
    Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
    Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Well, I've never taken it, but from what I can find, it seems like there really is no difference between Oramorph SR and MS-Contin. In fact, when you type in "Oramorph" on some drug monograph sites, MS-Contin comes up because it's an alternate name for the same drug, but a different manufacturer.

I'm not really sure what your doc is thinking -- perhaps you should call and see if you can get a more in-depth explanation of his plans?

Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

My doctor told me it "releases better", that with MsContin there is an UP and then down, but the OraMorph is a steady release that lasts a bit longer than MsContin. Have you heard of such a thing?

I think the reasoning behind it, is they want to eliminate my breakthrough meds (Norco 7.5).

hmm....

I just wish my doctor would make up his mind! He's very wishy washy lately! lol

Thanks
      Kara
      Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
      Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
      Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Comment

Hmm. That could be true. Sometimes drugs have the same active ingredient, but due to the inactive ingredients, coatings, etc their "pharmacokinetics" (how they enter the bloodstream, are metabolized, and leave the body) are different.

Sometimes these differences are published, and sometimes they're not... it's just a little "doctor secret" somewhere ... LOL

Hope your doc decides to stick with a good program once and for all
        Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
        *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
        *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
        *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
        X