Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long on treatments before improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long on treatments before improvement?

I am hurting really bad. My bladder is constantly causing me really bad pain. I'm just wondering how long you girls and guys were on treatments for IC before your symptoms improved. I'm bummed that it seems like I'll always have to be on MS Contin. I feel like I've tried just about all I can. The diet doesn't help much or the installs, hydros, capsacian, pills, or physical therapy. What should I do?? Botox? I can't even think of what else to try.

I am so sorry you are having so much pain. I can't really suggest anything as I am in almost the same boat! I have tried lots of things and am facing getting into the more "serious" meds. I haven't had to try MS contin, but am getting little relief from Vicadin anymore. Valium does help with my day to day pain from PFD, and Ditrupan makes it so I dont' have incontinence. Also Nortrityline and valium together help keep my night time bathroom trips down to 2-4 times. But other than that I am still looking for relief since last August. And when I flare I am basically useless.
    My Doctor did suggest Botox to me as well as Interstim (but not for pain) as possible things to try, but he and I would rather try some more oral therapies first. Hopefully you will get a response from some people who have had sucess with Botox.
    I know how frustrating it can get. When I first got diagnosed I was so sure it would only take a few months to be back to normal,and unfortunately that didn't happen.
    Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon.
    Rachel
    DX's:
    IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
    three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
    Currently using:
    Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
    Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
    I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Working...
    X