Ultram side-effects???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultram side-effects???

I was wondering if any of you that have tried Ultram have experienced side-effects from it, especially shortness of breath and coughing. It seems like since I went on it last month I've had serious shortness of breath for no real reason. I do have slight asthma and my Dr is aware of it and is doing a stress treadmill echo and a pulmonary function test in a few weeks to too rule out other problems. Wanted to know if I was the only one that has experienced this.

Appreciate your feedback
    Last edited by PurpleKitty; 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM.

you could be mildly allergic to it. Definetly not normal. I would call the doc if I were you and ask if this is a normal side effect. I have taken it before but it has been years ago. I don't really remember any side effects like that, I wouldn't have cont. to take it if it did that to me. I can handle most side effects But shortness of breath definetly isn't one I would ignore. Call your doc and see if he/she can give you something else. IF you continue to have the shortness of breath it could be you have another Health issue unrelated to the IC.
    Mia Sowell
    Fort Worth, TX
    2 Kids
    Ethan (3)
    April (17)
    Husband Eric (Very Supportive)
    Clinically Dxed 04-16-07
    Symptoms Since 2004

Meds:
    Elmoron 400mg 2x Day
    Atarax 50mg 1x Day
    Xanex .50mg 8 hrs As needed
    Vicodin 5/500mg 4-6 hrs As needed
    Xanaflex 4mg 1x Day
    Urelief Plus 6 hrs as needed for Bladder spasms
    Prelief as directed

Comment

I took it years ago (pre IC) short term for severe headaches. It made me really dizzy and short of breath. Like getting off a roller coaster. Some pain med side effects go away with time, but if after a month you're still experiencing this then probably best to let your dr know and maybe have your pain med changed to something else. Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
      X