Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I am so happy that you are getting pain relief and weight loss with Topamax!! I actually started it last Monday too! They started me on 25 mg 1x a day last week. Then tomorrow, I go up to 25mg 2x a day. Then, by the 3rd week, it is 3x a day, and then, the 4th week, 50mg 2x a day. Already, I lost 5lbs this week. I just dont have much of an appetite on it and then, when I eat, food doesnt taste the same, (which is a good thing for me!!! )

I am pretty excited about it too! I hope that I get pain relief from it too! That's the only thing that is worrying me. So far, I am not noticing any difference in my pain. But, no other side effects either, (except the lack of appetite :woohoo: ) But, it will KILL me if I lose weight with this and then it gets taken away b/c it isnt helping with pain, (which is the reason the pain Dr. gave it to me.) Though the pain is bad, it has been bad forever and I have been fat too! If I am gonna hurt anyway, it'd be nice to at least lose some of this weight!

I am so glad that it is helping you! I know you have really had a hard time for a while. I am glad that you have found something that helps and has this wonderful side effect! :woohoo: Keep your fingers crossed that when my dose gets a bit higher in a few weeks, that my pain relief will come too!

Congrats!!!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Moonheart,
    I am really happy for you.. You know with me having to give up elavil I wonder if this would be a good alternative.. I have gained so much weight with the elavil..I read somewhere that this drug is not recommended for people who have had kidney stones.. I have had a few.. Have you heard anything on this?

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Ok, I've lost enough of my butt and all of my belly rolls that I'm going to go pull out my skinny jeans and try them on. Not sure if they'll fit yet, but since I'm not sure where the scale is (think I threw it off the cliff in behind the house) I need a gauge. LOL!
    I'm not kidding. The rolls are gone. The belly pouch is almost gone, and my thighs are shrinking and my hips and thighs are taking on normal girly dimensions.
    The swelling in my hands and arms, ankles, etc... all is going down. And still, no fibro pain, no IC pain, no migraine pain. No hunger pain. I've since researched and learned that seizure meds are given for fibro pain with success which I assume is why this is working for me. I'm going to ask to raise my dose soon to 100 mg a day because I can feel my symptoms leveling out and the relief kind of leveling out as well. My appt is on the 23rd and will ask then.

Oh hon! I hope this works for you!!! I'll be praying your doc lets you try it and that it works okay?!!!

HUGS!!!

Leave a comment:

• blue
    replied
    Now, I want to give it a try even more. I can't wait to get back to my doctor.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Little pain as I came up towards time for my Topomax dosage and that was about it. I took my Morphine and felt like I actually had MORE pain AFTER I took it than BEFORE. So I'm going to have to do some experimenting with that.

Does anyone have any experience with narcotics making their IC pain worse?

Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• sleepyangel30
    replied
    awsome!

Leave a comment:

• skrix
    replied
    Great News

I am so happy for you! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I hope that it continues to work for you! Sending big smiles your way and hoping that this one works. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Oh thank you ladies so much!!! I slept all last night and all day until 1:30 this afternoon! I didn't get up ONE TIME to go to the bathroom!!! I'm seriously ready to cry I am so happy!!!

It was 18 hours this time and I still hadn't taken any pain meds and I still wasn't in pain. NO PAIN. OH MY GOSH! I only took it to make sure I didn't have any withdrawals. I still haven't felt any bladder pain. I felt a little ache but then I realized it was because it was 3pm and I still hadn't gone to the bathroom. ROFLMAO!!!! OMG!!!! Then I pee'd buckets!!! No retention nuthin!!!
    I'm not going to say the rem....word....don't want to jinx it....but oh my goodness!!! Maybe...maybe!!!

All my fibro pain, all my headaches, and I'm losing weight like a crazy person!!!

I want to first of all thank God...then my children for putting up with me, then my mom....then all of you lovely ladies for being such a fabulous support system!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

GOSH I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    I am so happy for you that this medicine is working well for you. My husband took this medicine because of lower back pain and it did help him. They use this medicine for different things now, andI am glad it helps your bladder and other aches and pain. Just feeling good without all the pain is wonderful.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Breezy1218
    replied
    That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you! I am on Topamax also, I started it recently, he just increased my dose to 100mg daily. He said I could take 50mg in the morning and 50mg at night, or all 100mg at night. I've been doing the latter; I don't want to be too spaced out and tired during the day. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I am hoping to have that side effect as well, I sure wouldn't mind. I also have a problem with headaches, and hope that it helps that.

I hope your relief continues!!!

Leave a comment:

• blue
    replied
    I used to be on topamax for seizures and migrains. I lost 60 lbs! Of course, I've gained most of it back now that I'm not on it. I'm not sure if it helped my bladder, because I was on so much other medication. I would like to give it a try again.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    That's wonderful! I've heard some people do have great results with that medicine - good for you! I'm so glad to hear you are doing great!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• miasowell
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Good for you! Hope you go to remission! Sending remission thougths your way!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    This is such awesome news Wendy!! I've read some of your posts about how out of control your pain was. It's sooo nice to hear that something is working so well for you.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Thanks so much!!!! When I was on it before, I was only on 20mg of Oxycontin a day! Wow!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X