Xanaflex???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xanaflex???

Anyone here taken xanaflex? Says on pharmacy info page for MS or Spinal cord injuries. Man this stuff is hitting me hard I am just about out. Can't hold my eyes open! Suppoesed to help with all the referred pain. Anyway I am passing out will get back to you guys later Thanks in advance for your support.
    Mia Sowell
    Fort Worth, TX
    2 Kids
    Ethan (3)
    April (17)
    Husband Eric (Very Supportive)
    Clinically Dxed 04-16-07
    Symptoms Since 2004

Meds:
    Elmoron 400mg 2x Day
    Atarax 50mg 1x Day
    Xanex .50mg 8 hrs As needed
    Vicodin 5/500mg 4-6 hrs As needed
    Xanaflex 4mg 1x Day
    Urelief Plus 6 hrs as needed for Bladder spasms
    Prelief as directed

I take Zanaflex as part of my combo of meds for my pelvic pain. I can't say that it's done much for that, but I have had problems with back and joint pain, and it's helped a lot for that, as it's a muscle relaxer. It does make me tired, though, that part is hard to deal with. What dose are you on, and how often?
    32 years old

former Med/Surg RN

endometriosis x 13 years (with attempted/ failed complete removal in June 2008), IC diagnosed with cysto/hydrodistention April 2007, second cysto/hydro in June 2008

Comment

it has done the same for me for the back and joint pain which i have had on and off for about a year now. (just recently Dxed) I am on 4 mg 1xDay at night I have to work during the day and will ONLY take when Needed as it gives me the ol 1-2. LOL So glad to have found this board it has been of great help and resourse to me.

Originally posted by Breezy1218 View Post
      I take Zanaflex as part of my combo of meds for my pelvic pain. I can't say that it's done much for that, but I have had problems with back and joint pain, and it's helped a lot for that, as it's a muscle relaxer. It does make me tired, though, that part is hard to deal with. What dose are you on, and how often?
      Mia Sowell
      Fort Worth, TX
      2 Kids
      Ethan (3)
      April (17)
      Husband Eric (Very Supportive)
      Clinically Dxed 04-16-07
      Symptoms Since 2004

Meds:
      Elmoron 400mg 2x Day
      Atarax 50mg 1x Day
      Xanex .50mg 8 hrs As needed
      Vicodin 5/500mg 4-6 hrs As needed
      Xanaflex 4mg 1x Day
      Urelief Plus 6 hrs as needed for Bladder spasms
      Prelief as directed

Comment

I take it every six hours, with Percocet 10/650. I think in time, the drowsiness has lessened. I hope it continues to get better; it is such a shame that something that helps also makes us feel crappy in other ways!!! I wouldn't trade the relief I get from it though, that's for sure!
        32 years old

former Med/Surg RN

endometriosis x 13 years (with attempted/ failed complete removal in June 2008), IC diagnosed with cysto/hydrodistention April 2007, second cysto/hydro in June 2008

Comment

You could try other muscle relaxants if Zanaflex is making you sleepy. Have you told your doc that Zanaflex is making you tired? Your doc might be able to reduce your dose or write a prescription for a different med. I take 4mg of Zanaflex at bedtime every night and 2mg during the day when I have muscle spasms. Zanaflex doesn’t make me sleepy but I have been taking it for about a year.

Comment

I use to take 4mg at night for bladder spasms-- didn't really help--only thing it did was knock me out within a few minutes whether I was ready for bed or not!

Comment

I take Zanaflex 4mg 3x day. (I should say that is what I am prescribed, since I only actually take that dose on my worst days. Most days, I just take 1, 4mg at bedtime and skip the the daytime doses. It dose cause drowsiness, but it is much worse in the first few months that you are on it. (At least it was that way for me.) Now, it doesnt really do that to me anymore, unless I take it with my other meds that cause drowsiness, and then, I am OUT!!!

I hope that it will work well for you and bring you alot of relief! I use it for Fibromyalgia and for bladder spasms. It helps alot with that. I hope it helps you too!

Hugs,
              Amy

Comment

Working...
              X