X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICsmiles
    replied
    How to start urine stream

I have trouble getting started sometimes, caused by tight pelvic floor muscles.... the urinary spincter is right in the middle of all those muscles...
    I gently push on the side of my urethra, or similar methods just to relax the nerves, muscles in the area -
    you can also make the sssshhhh sound with your mouth, or whooooooshhhh, as a way of relaxing and letting go.... MUCH better than pushing!!!! Do not push.
    ALSO - I noticed when I used an ice pack on my perineum I had HORRIBLE retention. As soon as I switched to a heating pad, which I sat on for awhile, problem solved!
    think of when your neck is tight and stiff and how you would relax it... do the same with your pelvis... it's all muscle and needs to relax....

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Maybe you should try taking the macrobid an hour before you have sex just to try and prevent an infection, or at least right after. Though I have been told that taking it an hour ahead of time is best so that it is in your system already and will prevent an infection from occuring.
    I have also been having that issue with feeling I need to push lightly to get the urine out. Pushing is not suppose to be good, but you also have to get the urine out so I do understand. I agree with Donna, you should mention it to your doctor. Maybe try a heating pad on the pelvic area right after sex and see if this will help.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Meme..
    Seems like anytime we have sex even if I void after things get all swollen down there causing me not to be able to void alot and this makes me feel like I have a lot of pressure.. So maybe thats what happened...

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Please don't strain to urinate --- it will only make it worse. You need to be calling your doctor.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• meme
    started a topic Having trouble voiding...again

Having trouble voiding...again

It started in the middle of the night Tuesday. Pressure in my abdomen and having to really push to get much out. I have been feeling really good, and actually I don't feel really bad right now, just everytime I try to pee I get a lot of pressure in my abdomen and have to push, then after about 10mins or so it goes away until the next time.
    Just wondering, and hope this isn't too graphic, but Tues. night we tried "to make a baby" and I usually get up and use the restroom right afterwards to keep from getting infections, but I didn't want to push anything out (sorry) so I just went to sleep. Woke up in the middle of the night and that's when the pressure and having to push started. Took my macrobid first thing in the morning like always but still have the pressure. Anyone else have this? Should I have just went ahead and voided after, will that hinder the baby making process? New to all this so just wondering!!!!
    Thanks!
Working...
X