Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain meds

hello everyone
    I have IC for a while but recently it has gotten really bad plus I have some Rhumitoid disease that the doc's are still trying to figure out. Anyway I was wondering what pain meds seem to work the best and what pain meds has anyone been on that have really hurt your bladder. Does anyone know anything about Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine Hcl 10 mg)? It promotes urinary retention so I am alittle nervous about it? My doc said to try it for my back spasms but he is not that familiar with IC. Please let me know. Thanks all for the help

jackie

current meds
    Elvail
    percocet/oxycodene
    Hydroxizne HCL
    pyridium
    L-thyrixine (thyroid)
    Elmiron (when they get it in hopfully soon)

I use flexeril every now and again when I find that my current muscle relaxers just aren't working as well as they usually do. It does seem to help my bladder spasms a bit and I never had a problem with increased retention with it....although, it's hard to tell as I do have a continuous problem with retention, but the flexeril didn't make it worse.

As far as pain meds that can make IC worse....ibuprofen, and any of the nsaids can cause increased bladder pain in a lot of us, but I am ok taking them on occasion.

I'm being tested for all sorts of things too, so I know how it is to sit and wonder what else is wrong with me now....good luck on finding out what rheumatoid problem you have going on.

My list of medications is listed below...this is what works for me, but it does change every now and again depending on how I'm feeling and how my pain levels are.

Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Working...
    X