Thank god for Pain Doc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank god for Pain Doc's

I have to say thank god for pain doc's....well mine at least. This man that I found is well pretty darn good. So far he has listened to me each time and has asked plenty of questions.

I'm no longer on Lyrica...started to gain weight. I can't have that, I'm already plump and I don't need to add any more.

He started me on the Fentayl patches today. 25mg I believe. I truly hope this works....I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN. I'm still taking my Noroco for breakthrew pain now.

But I'm so happy to have found 2 wonderful doctors. My URO and my pain doc.

I wish every person the same luck that I have had. I know it can be hard. I have been there myself. But you keep on trucken till you figure it out.

Best of luck to you all
    Live your life to YOUR best, and Love to YOUR best!!!

DX in 03 with Shingles
    Removal of Left ovary due to Cyst in 2005,
    I have had cyst since I started my period as a child age 12
    Hysterecotmy December 06
    IC DX March 07 by PST
    2 "rescue" instills in March 07
    Cyco May 07 confirmed IC
    Uro study June 07
    1st Pain Block July 17,08
    Hydro/Cysto Nov 11, 2008
    12-11-08 was told I had alot of inflamation

Meds: Allergic to 6 things
    Premarin......taking the gen cause I get it at Walmart for 4$$
    Presique for my drepression :woohoo:
    Abilify for my depression
    Adderall ...found out I'm ADD...makes sense now
    Kolopin for anxiety
    Noroco for my pain
    Valtrex for my shingles as needed

Sorry if my spelling is off on the meds [/FONT]

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

yay!! im happy for u. it's a blessing to have good docs that will listen.
    Angela aka sleepyangel30

Comment

That's wonderful! I am so happy for you. What a huge relief. I hope the meds get you to feeling better really soon.

Hugs,
      Mimi~

Currently battling:
      Migraines
      IC
      Panic attacks/Anxiety Disorder

Current Treatments:
      Pain Meds and Anxiety Meds
      Gentle Physical Therapy
      Yoga
      Heating Pad~my best friend
      Lots of hot baths w/ Epsom Salts & Baking Soda
      Tens Unit
      Prayer

Comment

I'm very thankful for all of my doctors. I've got one for just about every organ system it seems, including pain mgmt and I don't know where I'd be without them. Only exception is the quack rheumatologist I went to recently who told me that my pain stemmed from unknown stress since when I was a toddler..then he tried to sell me a book on the way out! Otherwise, I'm in great hands.

It took me a LOT of searching to find this group of doctors. It takes time, it really does, and then once you find a great doc you've got to build a rapport and trust with them. Now that I've made it through those adjustments I really couldn't be happier.

To everyone in search of a good doc, don't ever give up. Even if there isn't a local pain mgmt doctor, try going out of your city/town.

My pain doctor trusts my judgement and changes my meds pretty much as I ask him to. My GP knows I'm a nurse and basically gives me what I want when I want it....I've even gone so far as to tell him exactly how to write the RX for things he's never heard of before!

There is help out there, you've just got to search for it sometimes!

Hugs, Sandy
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I hated my pain doc after my first appt, but I just had to give it some time. I know they deal with problem patients so much more often than the average doctor, so they are leery too, and now I have a good relationship with mine. The only problem I would say I have is, he has such grand ideas for things he wants to try (which reads, EXPENSIVE). My wallet, sadly, is not filled with innovation. Other than that, I am pleased. And I could not ask for a better uro or GYN, so overall I am very happy with my docs as well.
          32 years old

former Med/Surg RN

endometriosis x 13 years (with attempted/ failed complete removal in June 2008), IC diagnosed with cysto/hydrodistention April 2007, second cysto/hydro in June 2008

Comment

Working...
          X