can't believe this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't believe this

Last month I was relieved that my Uro. prescribed 60 percs instead of 30...I thought, well, he is finally understanding that I am in pain each and every day and that one pill a day doesn't cut it! I called to get a refill and went to pick it up and it was for 30! What is up with that? I am totally confused and dismayed. I am sick of feeling totally at the mercy of these Doctors....I am now trying to get up the nerve to call and ask for a referrel to the pain clinic. I am just tired of having to worry all the time about running out before the month is out. Ridiculous....I now have a yeast infection (first one in 12 years!) My pain is even worse and now I am going to probably run out of meds in 2 weeks...sorry, I probably should have put this under VENTING!!
    DanaW

"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it's just about to turn; Don't quit over doubts and questions, For there's something you may learn."

Dana,

I know it's a little far to travel to, but the pain clinic up here is great. If you get fed up with your uro, call mine, he referred me easily and the pain clinic was trying and trying to give me narcotics before we found out I was allergic. They work really hard with their patients, and I love them dearly! Good luck Dana, I hope you get somewhere. It's a shame that we have to get the nerve up to ask for meds...

Hugs and love,
    Jess
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Jess,
      Thanks for your kindness. I am going to call tom. and talk to the nurse and let her know about my infection etc....and, the fact that I am having to take more meds to even touch the pain. I am also going to ask why he didn't prescribe the 60 this time. Also, I am going to ask for a referral to the pain clinic. If I don't get a good outcome I will definately call and set up something with your Uro. I still have the info. you gave me before. I would really like to talk to a Uro. who is more caring and not so cold. Thanks again! :0)
      DanaW

"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it's just about to turn; Don't quit over doubts and questions, For there's something you may learn."

Comment

I care! bunny Read,Write and Pray alot.
        Sue C.~
        [email protected]

Comment

Dana,
          Don't feel like yours is an unusual place to me. Most of us with unrelenting pain have been through your same plight...trust in the Lord, pray, and seek a good pain doctor who understands pain. I had to go through quite a few pain docs before getting the right one of those too.
          Unfortunately, we have a disease that even those who don't experience pain who have IC can't truly understand or only has pain in a flair.
          Those of us who have continuous pain are not the majority , and it's tough for us, but there are good doctors out there to help you. Don't fear there will be the right one soon.
          Where do you live? I'm in N. Florida, and it has been very difficut to find one here, but I , too have a wonderful uro who always come through for me when I get into situations like you are in.
          You may want to look on your state message board to see if you can locate one that way...
          Please, keep us posted about your quest...
          As Always........
          God Bless you,
          Peggy

Comment

Hi Dana,

Good luck!!! Keeping my fingers crossed..I hate it when I hear about mean uros grrrr...

Love,
            Jess
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Thanks Peggy,
              I forgot that my Uro. is out for the rest of the week. I am going to call on Monday and talk to the nurse about everything. If I a not happy with the end result, then, I will contact Jess's Uro's who are about 2 hours away or so. Thanks for all your support and I will keep you updated....
              DanaW

Comment

Working...
              X