Neurontin increasing bladder pain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neurontin increasing bladder pain??

It seems I read something about this before on these boards but can't find it!

Has anyone experienced INCREASED pain taking Neurontin? I think this may have happened to me. I was okay for the first few days but then I actually hurt more after taking it, until it wore off. I was on a very low dose at this point, just 200 mg twice daily.

Has anyone heard of why this might happen?

Diana.

I have been taking Neurontin for about 6 months now and have not experienced any increase in pain.
    Louise
    West Virginia Interstitial Cystitis/Prostatitis Support Group Leader
    [email protected]

Comment

I was prescribed neurontin for sciatic neuorpathy and my burning increased about 100%. I did not tolerate the drug well at all but my bladder hated it even more.

Wishing you good days,

Lisa hi
      "The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." Victor Hugo

Comment

I have been on nuerotion since May and it has helped me so much, no bladder pain at all. I am on 300 mgs three times a day, I am up to 900 mgs a day.Hope you feel better soon.
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

I had not had any type UTI or IC, until while being on Neurontin for about two weeks, that's when IC started with me...I was taking Neurontin for neuralgia in my head....
          BobbieB

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have a medical inquiry in to Pfizer, the company that makes Neurontin, to see what the deal is with increasing IC pain. I will post when I get a reply from them, whenever that is. Anyone else have worsening IC pain from Neurontin?

Comment

hi..i have had IC for 9 years...i have taking Neurotin 800mg , three times a day and have had no increase in pain since starting it 10 months ago..tina

Comment

Working...
              X