Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoyoteMystro
    replied
    I have an indwelling catheter so it stays in continuously and I get it changed once a month.

Ever since ER visit, bladder pain is constant and also I can't lay down or sit in certain positions otherwise catheter stops draining, I do not know why, but I will consult my Doctor about that, because I miss my bed. Also I've not been able to drink as much because the more I drink, the stronger the pressure pains are, so meh.

Hopefully he can do something, I dunno. Lately I've been wearing a heavy jacket constantly, using a heating pad, and a fleece blanket too, but amazing I'm still freezing. I took my temp at many different times, and my temp only registers about 99Faren. So, I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• kiffy313
    replied
    Coyote,
    Sorry you are having such a bad time, when I get cold (which is most of the time) it seems to really make the pain magnified... I know you are probably already using a heating pad, when I am really freezing and hurting I use mine and cover up with my fleece blanket, and it helps so much. Or, since I can no longer take a tub bath, I will get in the hot shower and just stand there for a while, not sure what you can do with a cath, tho...? I never go to sleep with the heating pad on, as we all know is a no-no...If my husband is home, he will rub my lower back and even lets me put my cold feet on him as he always seems to be warm...I do hope you get some relief soon. Are you cathed all the time, or is this just for now if you don't mind me asking? Please let us know what you find out from the Dr.
    Warm thoughts and prayers to you,
    Kandy

Leave a comment:

• SheriG
    replied
    grouphug grouphug grouphug sorry, that's all that is left that I can think of to offer frown

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteMystro
    replied
    kul, I did get some sleep this morning thankfully, but not without consenquences.

Woke-up on couch freezing to death, so I went to bed, even though I had like 8 pillows to elevate me, catheter still ceases to drain when my legs are level with my pelvic region. Kinda wierd, but I guess my legs need to be in a sitting style inorder for pelvic muscles to drain catheter or something. I'll talk to Doctor about that when I see him.

Still not feeling well. I'm freezing to death due to both the cold climate and because of body temp loss. I'm wearing a very padded jacket and blanket to stay "warm", argh.

Hopefully you all have gotten better sleep than me lately. Can't wait till Tuesday, bah.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Hi me too, I too was so tired and hurt to bad to sleep, still have them days because of fibro and myofascial pain I take 10 mg of ambien it really helps
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• DanaW
    replied
    Try taking Tylenol PM. It works really well. I have taken it for years, because of my FM. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteMystro
    replied
    I have Lortab, which makes me very tired, but I just can't sleep because of pain.

Catheter isn't clogged, I think the reason is either a UTI that hasn't gone away maybe or maybe its because when I lay back, my catheter is sorta level, there's no gravity to make the urine flow from bladder to bag like when I stand or sit. Or maybe the muscles aren't as able unless I'm sitting. I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Cali girl
    replied
    Wow! It seems like there are a lot of us that can't sleep. But I am a night owl anyway. I usually don't fall asleep 'til about 3am or later. It is 12:47am and here I am typing. I like to write so that is usually what I am doing 'til then. Well I do hope that everyone finds some relief for their sleepness nights. Coyote if you have a recliner try sleeping on that. Maybe sleeping with your upper body somewhat elevated will help your cath drain. And maybe then you could get some sleep. grouphug kissing

Cali

Leave a comment:

• SheriG
    replied
    I feel for ya buddy...there is nothing worse than being sleep deprived, unless mabe being sleep deprived and in pain. Is it at all possible that the cath is somewhat clogged again, since you have to get in certain positions for it to drain...Do you irrigate it out yourself? Maybe you could try that. Otherwise, I would ask for stronger pain meds, and perhaps either a sleeping pill for at nite, or an antianxiety like xanax or ativan...that will keep your stress level down, and make you sleepy. I hope this cycle ends for you soon....seems to have been a rough one. You take care, and be well. Remember---there is always the ER if you can't wait til Monday. grouphug hi

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hey everyone, sounds like you all are going through a rough time right now, not being able to sleep can be exhausting and I feel for you all. Hope that you can get some badly needed zzzs soon. Hugs for all Iris. hi grouphug

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteMystro
    replied
    I've gotten sleep off and on today, I think the most I got was maybe a few hours..

Still having bladder pain. Feeling like I need to urinate, and I'm having a sore throat now with my nausea. Really getting tired of this so I scheduled to see my Doctor again Tuesday, because by than, I'll probably be ready to kill myself if I can't get any actual sleep by than, grrr.

I got sleep my sitting on couch and laying head to side on a pillow. Everytime I lay down in a bed, my catheter stops draining, dunno why. If I'm not in a sitting position, than gravity doesn't drain me, grrr. Didn't used to be a big problem.

Anyways, hopefully you all are getting better sleep than I am. I think the reason why my pain is getting worse, besides bladder pain, is because I may be catching a cold. That'd explain the occasional sneezing, coughing, and constant sore throat.

cyas/tgc

Leave a comment:

• kiffy313
    replied
    Hi,
    Hope you are all doing better. I do have a pill I can take at night for sleep, if I need it. It also seems to help the "spasms" I feel-as I usually get up 6-10 times feeling like I need to urinate, and of course it is drip, drip, drip... before I actually do go to sleep, even with the medicine.
    Sending warm sleepy thoughts...
    Kan

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I totally can relate to nausea with pain meds. We haven't found one yet that doesn't cause nausea for me. The only way I can take a pain medication is to take an anti-emetic with it.

I hope you feel better very soon. I know this has been a very frustrating time for you.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    I hear that! You get to the point of exhaustion and cannot sleep. I've been having a week like that, until hubby went to work on the graveyard shift one night and I sprawled out and slept like a baby. lmao baby

Are you on any sleep meds, Coyote? That might help with the pain, and get you to sleep as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kelli
    replied
    I haven't slept much at all the last 3 nights. You would think after 4 hours of sleep in 3 days you would just fall over...lol I have no idea how I keep going. I think I'm at the point where I am TOO tired to sleep, is that even possible? lol Maybe we need to count something more relaxing than sheep.

Kelli

Leave a comment:

Working...
X