To all my friends on pain meds, narcotic or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all my friends on pain meds, narcotic or not

I applaud you all for your courage and strength to deal with such a nasty disease. Here's to keeping the pain level down, and to trying to live our lives peacefully and normal.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

(((((((Jess)))))))
    you are such a sweetie... I too hope every one can control there pain no matter how they have to do it and be pain free
    Brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I agree100%!!!!!! It is all about how we feel. We need to do whatever we can to live a normal life, especially for our families. Not being in pain 24/7 makes us (I know me) a hell of alot more pleasant to be around!!!!

Tami grouphug
      [email protected]

Comment

Jess...Thanks for that post...it is so comforting to know that there are people who care, and who don't judge us by the pills we take! Love ya, Sheri G grouphug
        Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Comment

(((((((((((((((jess)))))))))))))))))))

Hugs and love to you! grouphug
          My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

Hey girls,

Hope you are all doing well. Hang in there, I know we're all strong!!

Hugs and love,
            Jess
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

thanks Jess that ment alot to many here I know it did me.
              grouphug
              Medicine taken daily or as needed:
              1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
              2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
              3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
              4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
              5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
              5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
              6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
              7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi Jess, great post, why should we suffer in pain, when we can take meds that help us to live each day a little better. Way to go Jess, means a lot, especially as I have needed the stronger pain meds this week. I would say we are a strong bunch of ICers who live our lives the best possible way that we can. Hugs to you Jess for posting, mum Iris. kissing grouphug hi
                Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

To all that wrote, I could not agree more. Our families can only take so much seeing their loved ones in pain. And I am sick of hearing MYSELF complain!!!!
                  HUGS
                  SUSAN
                  Susan
                  People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

grouphug and grouphug and grouphug
                    to everyone !!!!!!
                    WE ARE NEVER ALONE WITH THIS
                    angel
                    lOVE: BRENDA
                    ALYSSA'S_GRANDMA
                    OBEY ACTS 2:38
                    "ENCOURAGE SOMEONE"
                    "Brenda"
                    Remember you are not alone in your pain:Ask Jesus to hold your hand...HE WILL!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting and right back at ya Jess!

I'm with Susan, I am sick of complaining. I am ready to get better and need less pain meds. I am trying elavil now and hope it helps me.

We are a lot stronger than people realize, both physically and mentally.

Nicole hi

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug kissing kissing hi
                        Hang in there , There is hope.
                        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Thanks Jess kissing
                          My 2 sisters and I joke because 1 sister wouldn't take pain meds if they cut her leg off, the other sister is an RX addict and would kill for the buzz of pain meds and then there's me, who's on them and absoluately HATES the way they make me feel........

SO, we are NOT all a bunch of happy pill popping junkies
                          teri
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Thank you for the great post! It is something that I need to read, because I feel guilty taking pain meds, but everyone around me knows that I am not too pleasant to be around when I don't! As my gp says "You would take a tylenol if you had a headache-so take your meds for your ic." How true. You post definitely makes me feel so much better! grouphug
                            alana

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
                            Alana

Comment

Working...
                            X