Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alana rose
    replied
    Thank you for the great post! It is something that I need to read, because I feel guilty taking pain meds, but everyone around me knows that I am not too pleasant to be around when I don't! As my gp says "You would take a tylenol if you had a headache-so take your meds for your ic." How true. You post definitely makes me feel so much better! grouphug
    alana

Leave a comment:

• Teri
    replied
    Thanks Jess kissing
    My 2 sisters and I joke because 1 sister wouldn't take pain meds if they cut her leg off, the other sister is an RX addict and would kill for the buzz of pain meds and then there's me, who's on them and absoluately HATES the way they make me feel........

SO, we are NOT all a bunch of happy pill popping junkies

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    grouphug grouphug grouphug kissing kissing hi

Leave a comment:

• hillio75
    replied
    Thanks for posting and right back at ya Jess!

I'm with Susan, I am sick of complaining. I am ready to get better and need less pain meds. I am trying elavil now and hope it helps me.

We are a lot stronger than people realize, both physically and mentally.

Nicole hi

Leave a comment:

• ALYSSA'S_GRANDMA#1
    replied
    grouphug and grouphug and grouphug
    to everyone !!!!!!
    WE ARE NEVER ALONE WITH THIS
    angel
    lOVE: BRENDA

Leave a comment:

• Susan Butler
    replied
    To all that wrote, I could not agree more. Our families can only take so much seeing their loved ones in pain. And I am sick of hearing MYSELF complain!!!!
    HUGS
    SUSAN

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Jess, great post, why should we suffer in pain, when we can take meds that help us to live each day a little better. Way to go Jess, means a lot, especially as I have needed the stronger pain meds this week. I would say we are a strong bunch of ICers who live our lives the best possible way that we can. Hugs to you Jess for posting, mum Iris. kissing grouphug hi

Leave a comment:

• dixiefireball
    replied
    thanks Jess that ment alot to many here I know it did me.
    grouphug

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hey girls,

Hope you are all doing well. Hang in there, I know we're all strong!!

Hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    replied
    (((((((((((((((jess)))))))))))))))))))

Hugs and love to you! grouphug

Leave a comment:

• SheriG
    replied
    Jess...Thanks for that post...it is so comforting to know that there are people who care, and who don't judge us by the pills we take! Love ya, Sheri G grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Tami Stambaugh
    replied
    I agree100%!!!!!! It is all about how we feel. We need to do whatever we can to live a normal life, especially for our families. Not being in pain 24/7 makes us (I know me) a hell of alot more pleasant to be around!!!!

Tami grouphug

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    (((((((Jess)))))))
    you are such a sweetie... I too hope every one can control there pain no matter how they have to do it and be pain free
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    started a topic To all my friends on pain meds, narcotic or not

To all my friends on pain meds, narcotic or not

I applaud you all for your courage and strength to deal with such a nasty disease. Here's to keeping the pain level down, and to trying to live our lives peacefully and normal.
Working...
X