NIght and morning sweats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIght and morning sweats???

I was just wondering if any of you wake up in the middle of the night (sometimes more than one time)with horrible night sweat??? I am startin to do this just about every night. It is the same way when I wake up in the mornings. Sometimes I might even had chills. What do you think is causing this????? MY imput is that when you take your last pain meds. around 7,8, or nine and then you go throughout the night without any---is that a sign that your body physcially needed its morning dose??? I have been taking my meds. when I get up and get stirring around and they seem to disappear!!!! Anyone else having this type of problem?? Please I need some feedback this is really bothering me!!

Tami
    [email protected]

Hi Tami,
    I know that I have this myself on a night where I have been able to sleep. Considering I am writing this message at 3:12 am, this is not a night when my IC allowed me to sleep, however on the night's that I do sleep I will sometimes awake in the middle of the night or the morning sweating. I guarantee for me it is because my IC is starting to flare and I need to take some meds fast or I will be climbing the wall in pain very shortly thereafter.
    I hope I get some sleep I am setting up an apartment tomorrow as I work 3 days per week away from home. I was flying back and forth each day on the float plane but after I set up this apartment I will be able to stay during the three days. I am not sure what kind of shape I wil be in tomorrow good thing my 15 year old son and my Mom are coming with me. I hope I manage to get some sleep, so I am off to take some meds and at least get some rest if not some sleep.
    "You are not alone.If you are having an IC moment and you need someone, please email me"
    Dianna

Comment

Tami,

How old are you? Is it possible they are the beginnings of peri-menopause? I started with the night sweats when I was in my late 30's. For a while, when my periods were more regular, they tended to follow some sort of timing with my periods. Now with my periods very irregular, so are the night sweats.

Half the time I don't know if I'm only peeing at night because a hot flash woke me up, or if I woke up to pee.

During the day, however, if I need to pee and have to wait too long I do break out in a sweat because the pressure is tremendous. But I'm sure that's not what's causing the sweats at night -- I usually wake and pee before my bladder gets that bad.

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug I sometimes wake up in night sweats or chills. I don't do it all the time. But I am in menapouse now. I have been getting hot and then cold. I have no temp. I hope you feel better soon hon.
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

I sweat uncontrollably when I am flaring. I wake up soaked and even during the day get these hot sweats. I'm only 21 so it's not menopause, it always accompanies bladder pain. Hmm...
          Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

What you are experiencing sounds very much like menopause to me. If you're over 35, it's possible --- and if it gets horrible, there are medications that help and aren't too bad if not taken for long periods.

Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I am 39 and have had a hysterectomy 3 1/2 yrs. ago. I also take premarin for hormone replacement. I think it has to do with my meds. This does happen about every night though. I take Ambien to sleep, if I didn't take that I would never sleep. I guess by the time at night that I take my last pain meds. and then it is 12-14 hrs. later maybe the physical part is kicking in. I woke up with severe pain this morning. I hope everyone had a great New Year and if you are in a flare take your meds. and take care of yourself!!!!!

Tami
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi Tami,
                Sounds like menopause to me I do the same thing.
                I take Esertest It has helped some, but not enough
                I hope this helps.
                Susan
                Susan
                People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

I had chills & sweats when I took Darvocet ... (Chills came on so fast they jolted me awake & I'd be freezing & hot-sweating at the same time) Fortunately that was just for post-op pain, not a regular med. for me.
                  Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                  I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                  Source - Pinterest
                  "

Current treatments:
                  -IC diet
                  -Elavil 50mg at night
                  -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                  -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                  -Pyridium if needed,
                  -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                  -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                  -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                  -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                  -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                  -Managing stress= VERY important!
                  -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Hi Tami, I do occasionally wake up sweating like crazy. It is not that frequent, but it happens. I am on HRT so it is not like the night sweats I used to get when I was going into menopause. I also am on Ambien, and I agree with you, that it does give a good night's sleep. I have no idea if it is the medications I am on or not, I also have had a couple of mini seizures that have made me wake up suddenly. I have just been thinking that it is the meds at time, but they help me so much with IC, that I just will not come off them. Hope you can get some answers, hugs Iris hi grouphug
                    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I went through this same thing and found out that some of the meds we take make our HRT not as effective. I was having major hot flashes everyweek for a couple of days after my DMSO treatments. I thought it was the DMSO until my pharmacist told me that pyridium will make HRT a lot less effective. I take pyridium for a couple of days when I have my DMSO's. So...it could even be something like that!
                      Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
                      Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
                      Interstim replacement June 2011
                      Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
                      Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

Oh that I interesting, I never thought of that, sometimes I even have a little breakthrough bleeding. I had a D and C when I had my surgeries done to stop some of the bleeding, never thought about the other meds affecting HRT. Thanks for the info Iris hat
                        Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Night sweats: I believe these to be a part of IC and not a result of narcotics (meaning opioids).

Years before I was "officially" diagnosed, before I had regular pain killers, I used to have terrible nightsweats--I used to wake up, sometimes several times a night, with my nightshirt literally dripping in sweat.

And this was during a mild remission. When the remission ended, so did the night sweats.

Who says remissions are a total boon? JUST KIDDING!!!

As my handle indicates, I am not a member of the fairer sex, so I can't comment about pregnancy--having experienced it only vicariously after my brief contribution to the 9 month process. Nor can I comment about peri-menopause. Most of the women in my family have had hysterectomies at young ages so they didn't go thru menopause and most are on HRT anyway.

Consult your OB/GYN if you think it's related to a gravid state of the "Change" of life. "Change"? Ann-Margaret's still looking pretty good at 60. Don't seem to have changed her much...

Comment

Night sweats

I have just recently been diagnosed with IC. I have trialed a bunch of differnt meds... I just stoppped Atarax due to having night sweats... None of the meds have given me any pain relief yet! How do you all continue life as is supposed to be? I mean family, work etc??? The pain is just too much!!
                            Any advice?!?!

Comment

Working...
                            X