• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Briza
    ICN Member

• Briza
    replied
    That's great Judy. I'm glad you finally found something to help with your pain! What a blessing I've heard of many having success with tramadol for IC pain. I couldn't continue with it because it made me extremely dizzy.

Leave a comment:

• judy45
    ICN Member

• judy45
    replied
    I have just started taking Tramadol and it has been a life saver. Nothing in 3 years has helped my pain. I am keeping to a very low dose because I know it is addicting. It also comes in little white pills, which is something to consider. I, as well as many others, are very sensitive to colored pills and capsules. Sometimes people might think they are flaring from the medication when it is actually the coloring of the medication. Best of luck on your surgery!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    ICN Member

• mary124
    replied
    I never had any problems with urine retention with being on pain medications and or pain pumps. Just talk to your doctor to see which one is right for you.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    ICN Member

• Briza
    replied
    I've been taking hydrocodone occasionally for back pain and I have noticed it is much harder to get my stream going at times. I don't have experience with Percocet. I took tramadol briefly and don't remember it causing any retention.

I imagine everyone's experience will be different.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I had a pain pump following surgery and it didn't cause me any retention problems. The good thing is that if you do have a problem, you are in the right place to get help with it.

Try not to worry; not everyone has retention with pain meds.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• floridamom
    ICN Member

• floridamom
    replied
    I never had issues with Vicodin, Tramadol or Percocet with urinary retention. However, the biggie for alot of us is constipation. Def. discuss with your doc.!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    ICN Member

• KatieB
    replied
    Hi Shlar, I think I already answered this question but I will tell you that I, personally, take percocet and oxycontin almost everyday and never have any issues with retention. If you are really worried about it you should talk with your doctor about alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• shlar
    ICN Member

• shlar
    started a topic Help with pain meds

Help with pain meds

Hello,

I will have hip surgery soon and they want to put me on morphine the first day through an IV pump, and then on oral Oxycodone or Perocet or Tramadol after that. Both the Oxycodone and Perocet say they can cause urinary retention or difficulty urinating, which is a problem for me on certain meds. In fact, all the meds the doctor talked about putting me on would be narcatics and he said that these could cause this problem. But I wanted input with peope with IC like me.

Has anyone had any experience with this or has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know of a medication for moderate pain that will not most likely cause urinary retention or difficulty urinating? They say I cannot take Ibuprofen or Aleve because I will also be taking a blood thinner.

I would appreciate any help on this. If you could tell me any meds for pain that have worked well for you or have not worked well for you would be great. I just need Help.

Thank you, Sharon
Working...
X