Medical marijuana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical marijuana?

I don't know if this is okay to discuss here but I'm curious. Is this ever used as a treatment for pain for IC? It's legal in my state.
    \

Yes it has been and we did two articles on medicinal marijuana in our Fall IC Optimist. You might want to get that. They are even developing a new bladder instillation based upon THC at an IC research center, though it is a few years out!!!! If it's legal, the antispasmodic and pain care properties make it compelling and I certainly think it's worth discussing with your doctor.

You can get back issues of the IC Optimist in our shop at:

http://www.icnsales.com/product.php?...&cat=66&page=1

Jill
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

I use marijuana to help cope with IC. I've posted about it before on this site, so if you do a bit snooping around, I'm sure you'll come across those discussion threads.

I'm Canadian and I live in a fairly permissive city when it comes to marijuana. I don't have a prescription for it, but my doctor and I have discussed my using it many times and he never had a problem with it (aside from the 'smoking' part -- and I solved that by getting a vaporizer). In fact, I've told at least 10 various health professionals over the past year about my use and not once have a ever received a harsh word or rebuke. Most docs and nurses are understanding in my experience.

I mostly use marijuana to help give me distraction from the pain. It will mask a minor flare for me, but usually it just helps me deal with the resulting lack of appetite, nausea, and tiredness that comes with chronic pain. I know, using MJ to combat tiredness sounds ridiculous, but it has gotten me through countless afternoons and evenings where I felt totally useless -- I actually get up and go for a walk (with my partner in tow), do chores, make dinner, etc.

If you want to know more, please feel free to private message me. Ask whatever you like about it ... I'm not shy!
      Me: Canadian. 31.

IC symptoms: Cramping, burning, frequency. Pain!

Pain management: Ibuprofen. AZO. Marijuana. Prelief. The IC Diet.

My IC-safe, Gluten-free, Lactose-free food blog:
      Good for Your Guts

Comment

ever try K2?

Originally posted by knitter View Post
        I don't know if this is okay to discuss here but I'm curious. Is this ever used as a treatment for pain for IC? It's legal in my state.
        I live in Virginia so I can't get or smoke Pot but I've tried K2 (legal in VA) and found relief, but I didn't much like being stoned the first time I used it. I found I concentrated alot on my bladder and thought it hurt more than normal. That lasted until the effects went away. I've used again and found the correct amount to smoke

Comment

Working...
        X