Vaginal Valium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginal Valium

I will be picking up a perscription of Vaginal Valium Monday.

Has anyone else used it? How well does it work for paina?
    Live Well
    Love Much
    Laugh Often!

Diagnosed:
    Dec 2005
    Diagnosis:
    IC
    Cysto/Hydro:
    Dec 2005
    Other Conditions:
    Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic Sinusitis, Bursitis of the hip, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, PFD, Inflamitory Arthritis of the neck, Allergy to Yeast and Dairy
    Meds for IC:
    Prosed/DS as needed which works much better for me than Pyridium, Prelief, Coffee Tamer, Claritin 5mgs and sodium bicarb as needed.
    Alternative Treatments
    Physical therapy for 8 weeks, Acupuncture (just started).
    Other Meds:
    Skelaxin (as needed)
    Didn't work:
    Detrol LA (didn't help symptoms), Pyridium 200mg isn't working very well anymore.
    Tried:
    Elmiron (Major Dizziness), Hydrodistention (Greatly exacerbated IC symptoms), Urised (hard time breathing), Ditropan (bladder pain the next day), Rescue Instillations - Lidocane, sodium bicarb (all over body rash with itching),

Hi, Shamay ~
    I used Valium suppositories (Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5 mg) when I was having extremely painful symptoms but I was also on other treatments....instillations, pyridium, PT for PFD along with a couple surgeries so it's really difficult to determine how effective the valium alone was. I did see considerable improvement with this combo so it's probably a little of everything that helped and I have since stopped the instills, PT and valium.

What kind of pain are you experiencing? I'm terribly sorry you're having such a difficult time.

Prayers that you'll soon be feeling better.
    Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
    8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
    8/2010 Surg gallbladder
    TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
    IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
    Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
    Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
    Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
    *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
    Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
    PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I am in the middle of going off my Elavil as it has been causing some uncomfortable side effects for some reason after 11 years...

I am not sure how bad my Ic is going to get, but I do know that when I am very stressed out my pain gets pretty darn bad, so my Uro is setting me up with a few things just in case, as well as for when I do have pain.

I am going to also try Vistaril here soon, if need be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed tapering off my Elavil will be an easy thing lol.

Thank you so much for your response.
      Live Well
      Love Much
      Laugh Often!

Diagnosed:
      Dec 2005
      Diagnosis:
      IC
      Cysto/Hydro:
      Dec 2005
      Other Conditions:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic Sinusitis, Bursitis of the hip, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, PFD, Inflamitory Arthritis of the neck, Allergy to Yeast and Dairy
      Meds for IC:
      Prosed/DS as needed which works much better for me than Pyridium, Prelief, Coffee Tamer, Claritin 5mgs and sodium bicarb as needed.
      Alternative Treatments
      Other Meds:
      Skelaxin (as needed)
      Didn't work:
      Detrol LA (didn't help symptoms), Pyridium 200mg isn't working very well anymore.
      Tried:
      Elmiron (Major Dizziness), Hydrodistention (Greatly exacerbated IC symptoms), Urised (hard time breathing), Ditropan (bladder pain the next day), Rescue Instillations - Lidocane, sodium bicarb (all over body rash with itching),

Comment

I use the valium suppositories and they have helped me a good bit. They help to keep my pelvic muscles from getting too tight and spasm. I do find that I need to use them continuously to keep the effect going. It is hard to stop spasms once they have started, better to stay ahead of them.
        Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
        Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
        http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Glad to hear that they help, that brings me some comfort.

I haven't had to use them yet, I just picked them up today... and am hoping I won't have to for a very long time if ever lol. My Uro also asked me not to take them every day if I can help it because they do have Valium in them lol. I'm sure she's worried about dependancy.

Thanks for the info!
          Live Well
          Love Much
          Laugh Often!

Diagnosed:
          Dec 2005
          Diagnosis:
          IC
          Cysto/Hydro:
          Dec 2005
          Other Conditions:
          Meds for IC:
          Alternative Treatments
          Other Meds:
          Skelaxin (as needed)
          Didn't work:
          Tried:

Comment

Working...
          X