Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greeneyes
    replied
    Hello Ellie, I had an in office Cysto, no pain while the procedure was going on but a couple of hours later i was in terrible pain, I finally had to call for an emergency appointment and start instills that day. Please call your uro and let him or her know whats going on. I wasn't diagnosed with IC until the emergency appt. Hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• musiclover
    replied
    Like Donna said, the in-office procedure is simply called a cystoscopy. The cystoscopy with hydrodistension is not in-office and is handled like a surgery in a hospital. You don't have to be put under for just a simple cystoscopy. They're not that bad, I've had two. At least that was my experience.

Leave a comment:

• valerie michele
    replied
    (I had a hydro distention with cystoscopy. I do not know how traumatic the cystoscopy alone would be. The bladder being inflated and stretched is what caused the trauma for me.)

I think that it depends on the person. I developed IC after pelvic trauma from kidney stones. The hydro was more traumatic on my bladdder than the stones were. I am now in much more pain than I was before the procedure. I really wish it was never done. The pain I am in now is much worse and it's all day, every day. I think it would be wise to try all other things before trying a hydro. If you developed IC after a trauma to the pelvic area, having a hydro is more trauma and could, and did in my case, lead to more damage and more pain. It does help some but not all.. In my case : trauma = damage which = pain. Best of luck and do your research first.
    Last edited by valerie michele; 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's called a cystoscopy --- I've never heard of it causing permanent pain. I have had several and they only cause discomfort for a few hours.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ellienor
    started a topic look inside bladder

look inside bladder

what is the name of the test where the doc looks inside the bladder in his
    doctor's office.
    Can this cause bladder pain that wont go away?

e
Working...
X