Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Whether they require a referral depends on the clinic and your insurance coverage.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• sabstory
    replied
    There are some pain clinics in my area, one of which lists IC on their website as a condition that they treat. I think I am going to reach out on Tuesday and see if they can help me. This pain is all I can think about, it is overruling everything else in my entire life.

Leave a comment:

• VCNJ84
    replied
    Originally posted by sabstory View Post
    Would it be odd for me to just call and make an appointment? Do I need to get my PCP or URO to give me a referral? I don't have to have a referral for insurance purposes, but I don't want to set off red flags with a doctor who doesn't know me. My pain is not at all under control, and my PCP and Uro, are both a bit uncomfortable writing for pain meds. I am hoping not to have to take pain meds for long, but I can't keep going on the way I have been, I am not living my life at all, I feel like a prisoner in my own body.
    I am debating with the same. Some days I get a shooting nerve pain in the urethra and pernium and feel like I need a pain pill. It's not everyday. I don't need referrals with my insurance either and am struggling to find the right pain clinic.

Leave a comment:

• sabstory
    started a topic Pain Management Clinics

Pain Management Clinics

Would it be odd for me to just call and make an appointment? Do I need to get my PCP or URO to give me a referral? I don't have to have a referral for insurance purposes, but I don't want to set off red flags with a doctor who doesn't know me. My pain is not at all under control, and my PCP and Uro, are both a bit uncomfortable writing for pain meds. I am hoping not to have to take pain meds for long, but I can't keep going on the way I have been, I am not living my life at all, I feel like a prisoner in my own body.
Working...
X