Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain Medication Question - As I've never taken it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you Donna. I sure hope I get lucky with the first thing the pain doc is wanting to try, and that my pain is tolerable. I sure am frightened though. This is all new to me. :/

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    The pain meds I have taken do significantly ease the pain. I have only taken them for short periods, usually following a surgery or injury, but I find the right pain meds will take away all of my pain until the pain med wears off. I have had two very painful post op surgeries in the last year and a half (in January 2010 I had a cervical disc removed and a spinal fusion; in April of this year shoulder surgery) --- the pain meds I was given after the surgeries got rid of the pain so I was comfortable.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you, so good to know, I was worried I was going to have a lot of frequency and urgency once I go on them.

Leave a comment:

• marycat2007
    replied
    Pain meds also help greatly with my urgency and frequency. When I have that pain that feels like a bladder infection, the only temporary relief I get is from urinating. However, pain meds reduce that pain and thus less frequency.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you greeneyes for the feedback.

And thank you marycat2007 for the information. That really helped me get a good idea of to expect.

Leave a comment:

• marycat2007
    replied
    Pain management research has proven that pain meds don't take all the pain away. Pain will decrease about 40 percent. If your pain scale is at a 10, it should be at a 6 after the pain meds kick in. I've been on pain meds for severe IC for 6 years and this is very accurate. Pain meds take the edge off and the meds help reduce some of the anxiety that accompanies severe pain. As a side note, I see a pain management doctor every month.

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    I normally don't take pain meds because they make me hyper, I did just have a procedure and was given pain meds to take, I noticed my bladder pain was gone for about 4 to 6 hours, however I use Tiger Balm patches most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    started a topic Pain Medication Question - As I've never taken it.

Pain Medication Question - As I've never taken it.

Hello,

I was wondering, for those of you on pain medication, how does it help with the pain?

Does it drone you out so you just don't care about the pain, or does it acutally dull the pain?

I've never really taken pain medication for IC. So have no idea how it works.
Working...
X