Medication flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medication flare

Are there any medications that seem to make you flare? I'm taking some medication for a toe infection and wondering if it could have started a flare.

Re: Medication flare

I have been diagnosed with IC since 1983 and have gone through lots of treatments. For me I try to keep track of what causes a flare. I am in a flare now for first time in a couple of yrs. & only thing I can link it to is taking Lodrane D an antihistamine & decongestant. I am pretty careful about following an IC diet & usually I use pyridium plus for minor flare and Elavil nightly until the flare subsides. This time the flare has lasted 2 weeks so far and I still have bladder soreness & pressure. I have irritable bowel too & I think one goes with the other and are hard to differentiate at times.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. So many things can cause a flare sometimes it's hard to tell. I just remembered today that allergies make me flare and I think I'm allergic to this medicine so that could be the cause. I'm not taking anymore til I talk to my doctor. I hate taking medicine.

Comment

The last strange thing to cause a flare was Novacaine from several dental procedures that were all done in one month. The dentist now uses a different shot that doesn't have the ingredient that caused the irritation. It is not uncommon for "normal" people to react to the shot although the symptoms are different. Rapid heart rate...you never know. It's so frustrating.

Comment

YES! These meds/supplements make me flare HORRIBLY:

B12 shots or oral B12 (bad, bad bad). I can use the nasal B12 spray.
          Magnesium supplements (Bad x's 3 again - land me in the ER with IC pain, I have no idea why)
          Probiotics
          Ditropan
          Demerol pain meds

There are a few more but these are the worst offenders for now.
          Jeannie
          "She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails." -Unkown

IBS/Endometriosis/Prolasped Uterus/CFS, ME/Fibromyalgia/Refractory IC/Celiac Disease/Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction (Immune System issues) B12, Vit D deficiencies

Many surgeries over the years, mainly: Total hysterectomy/Gallbladder & Thyroid removed

Treatments: Tried all except Interstim, Botox injections and bladder removal. I've never been in remission.

Daily-Prednisone steroid down to 3mg long-term, Demerol 50mg, Diazepam 2mg
          As needed-Home TENS unit, AZO Standard, Marshmallow Root Capsules, D Mannose powder, Prelief. STRICT IC DIET or I'm bed ridden. I'm under the care of a Pain Management Clinic.

Was on SS Disability for IC 2004-2006. Back to work 10 years. Annnnd-My bod gave out. Back on Disability as of Aug 2016. WE NEED A CURE!!

Comment

Working...
          X