Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Elmiron in Australia

Hi All,

Are any of you on Elmiron? I am interested to find out how much it costs here in Australia.

George

hi George, I have been told by my chemist approx $ 1000.00 for 6 months , give or take a few dollars, martha
    Martha

Comment

Hi Martha,

My goodness that is a lot of money and I don't think I would get much back from my health insurance. Why on earth does it cost so much? My doctor hasn't suggested it and as a matter of fact I am due for botox injections in about 3 weeks. But, I just think I may want to try Elmiron in the future if botox doesn't work for me. I should be more positive than that!!

How are things going for you Sheebah?

Thanks for replying,

George

Comment

hi George, yes it is indeed a lot of money, I asked my chemist about the cost of elmiron because I was curious, I think in the US it's even more expensive, I do not know how I am going to afford this stuff, because I am not in private health insurance, but anyway I don't have to worry about that just yet, because I have not been diagnosed yet, I had the cysto/ hydro, with biopsy but I still do not know what the heck is going on, I have to go back to see my uro on the 21st this month, and I find out then. hope all goes well for you with the botox injections in november, take care martha
        Martha

Comment

Hi again Martha,

Gosh you have to wait a long time to get your results from your cystoscopy. I was lucky this time around that the dr spoke to me after my cystosopy when I was in recovery. Hope your appointment comes around quickly for you and you get the answers to this problem and then get treatment started.

Best wishes

George

Comment

hi George, yes it is taking a long time , but the reason is that this particular uro only visits my area every 2 weeks, I am not sure what to expect when I see him, I have heard it can take a long time to get diagnosed sometimes, when I went to see this uro for the very first time, I mentioned to him that I get a lot of burning on top of my leg, and inner thigh, he dismissed it immediately, he said people with IC don't get those symptoms, I beg to differ, it is definately a symptom for IC, some girls on this board get it too, anyway I did not want to upset him, so I just left it, he is actually a really nice guy, but he is the pro, and I did not want to argue with him, but because of the remark he made about the burning not being a symptom makes me wonder if he knows much about IC.
            It's cost approx 1.400.00 dollars so far to get this done,( the cysto) I'm not privately insured, but I thought instead of having to wait forever, I'll just pay, and get it over and done with, because of our wonderful health sytem here,
            ( not) It could take forever to get it done publicly, anyway the good thing is I did get some relief from the bladderburning, and frequency was never a problem for me anyway, I hope the botox is going to give you relief from your frequency, I know that it is a major problem for you. take care martha
            Martha

Comment

Hi George, I have been taking Elmirion for about 3 years & yep it is ssooo expensive. I was given many dirrerent prices from pharmacies around here ranging from over $200, to $175, & $155. That was 3 years ago so they are prob. more than that now. How ever I did get a quote from a chemist about an hour out of town, where both hubby & I worked, & he said if I get all my scripts through him he can do it for $129 which is a bit cheaper, so that's good. So it pays to shop around. Are you certain that it is cheapper with private health cover?? I was told it wasn't covered???? But I should look into it again. It really does make things better for me.
              Good Luck
              Andrea

Comment

Thanks Andrea. I'm not on Elmiron as yet. But I just wanted to find out what it costs should I need to go on it. I'm not sure whether health insurance will pay anything for it either.

Cheerio

George

Comment

Re: Cost of Elmiron in Australia

As of today 13th of june 2017, Elmiron costs $110.39 for one months supply at chemist warehouse.

Sam.
                  Diagnosed in early 2017 via cystoscopy and hydrodistenion - symptoms since 2003.

Married - and have 3 beautiful daughters, currently 8, 6 and 2 as of 5th june 2017 .

***Treatments im currently on***
                  -Pyridium
                  -Prelief
                  -Ural
                  -Oxytrol transdermal patch (oxybutynin)
                  -Ranitidine (h2 blocker) 300mg every day (has worked the best and halved my pain!)

***Things that didnt work***
                  -Zyrtec
                  -Buscopan
                  -Hydrodistenion (sent me into a severe flare)
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  I am thankful for my struggle, because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled upon my strength.

Comment

That is still so much better than buying in the US. Here it's $450/month. I have really good insurance and they only pay half.

Originally posted by samilia View Post
                    As of today 13th of june 2017, Elmiron costs $110.39 for one months supply at chemist warehouse.

Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindi1967 View Post
                      That is still so much better than buying in the US. Here it's $450/month. I have really good insurance and they only pay half.
                      Wow!!! Thats insane. Those companies should be ashamed of themselves !! As if it even cosst that much to make the drug. They just prey on desperate people in chronic pain. I think $110 is an outrage. Disgusting!
                      Diagnosed in early 2017 via cystoscopy and hydrodistenion - symptoms since 2003.

Married - and have 3 beautiful daughters, currently 8, 6 and 2 as of 5th june 2017 .

***Treatments im currently on***
                      -Pyridium
                      -Prelief
                      -Ural
                      -Oxytrol transdermal patch (oxybutynin)
                      -Ranitidine (h2 blocker) 300mg every day (has worked the best and halved my pain!)

***Things that didnt work***
                      -Zyrtec
                      -Buscopan
                      -Hydrodistenion (sent me into a severe flare)
                      -------------------------------------------------
                      I am thankful for my struggle, because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled upon my strength.

Comment

Working...
                      X