Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

potassium Citrate

Hi Again,
    Yes it certainly did cause me to go to the loo initially. I was taking 2 x10 mEg morning and night. Now I am just taking the 1 tab and it certainly did the trick. Just normal activity. I do find it easier going to the loo now. I always take within half an hour of food too. It is quite interesting actually. I have researched this whole IC thing to riduculous levels and I had never had potassium citrate pop up in my google searches. Now I know about it, I seem to find the info quite easily. Don't know how I missed it.
    Regards
    Jodi B

Comment

Thanks again, Jodi. You've been very helpful to me. Have a great trip to Bali!

Hugs,
      Darlene

Comment

Prelief

Hi Anja
        I get my Prelief from the USA. I use the Wholesale Supplement Store.com.
        The postage costs make the Prelief a bit expensive, but I think they help. I'm wondering if I should have a go without them? See what happens.
        Kind Regards
        elvee

Comment

Jodie.B

Hello Jodi,
          What a wonderful result you have had with Anita Clarke. I wish I had waited to see her myself. I'm really interested about the Potassium Citrate. I have never seen it mentioned myself. I take Prelief and Soda Bicarbonate and feel that its only half successful, I would really like to find something better. Can you tell me the sites that I might read about it myself? I would like to see Anita myself, but I would be embarrassed as I have already changed once.
          Have a great time in Bali.
          Kind Regards
          elvee

Comment

potassium Citrate

Hi Elv and anyone else
            I have spoken too early. Tonight I feel very low...... Monday afternoon the burning came back. It is Fri today and I have had to go and see my doctor.
            I was wondering if I would get the burning aound my period because I have been in the past and sure enough it reared its ugly head. The PC has definitely helped the flow and it will stop my stones. When I go to the loo it does not burn then 5 mins later it does around the vaginal area.
            Does anyone else get the burn during ovulation and around period time and do they do anything to help this. I am back at my usual Dr on Tues. The Dr has run some more tests and it will be interesting when I am able to speak to Anita as well. I was asked to stop my Querciten and Serrapatase to see how the PC went and in the past when I have run out of these I have run into trouble. So I feel like I have gone backwards. I still have a stone in my right kidney. That could also be causing this burn too.
            Jodi B

Comment

Pc

Elv,
              Sorry I didn't answer your questions. I would still go and see Anita. She is so incredibley busy anyway and her receptionist takes care of all the bookings. So I would definitely re book. She is really lovely and a no nonsense DR
              I just googled Potassium Citrate and Urocit-k. I feel this is more alklizing than other meds I have taken. It is slow release as well so you are not taking heaps of tabs all the time. Like with anything else this may not be the best fit for you but you can only try. It stops kidney stones as well so I will be on this for life. So 1 down and now just have to get rid of the burn and I will be a happy chappy. So will my darling husband
              Gosh I am now not feeling so sorry for my self. thanks for listening!!!
              Jodi B

Comment

Oh, Jodi,

So sorry things came back to bite you again! This is surely the most frustrating part of the disease (or combinations thereof). I'm post-menopausal (something to for you to look forward to LOL), so I don't have the same conditions. I'm lucky to have no burning at all. But I hear your frustration. Hope this Anita person can be of help to you, come up with new ideas and solutions. Hang in there!

Darlene

Comment

Jodi.B

Hi Jodi,
                  Thanks for the response. From what you have said about still having a kidney stone, surely that's what giving you the problems? I hope it can be resolved quickly for you. One question Jodi, where do you get your Querciten from?
                  I want to try it as well. I hope it can be obtained in OZ, we should be able to get all these products here. When are you leaving for Bali? I'm sure the DR's will sort this problem out and you will have a pain free holiday.
                  Thanks for answering all my questions Jodi, I really appreciate it.
                  elvee

Comment

Anjita, I didn't see anyone respond to the calcium citrate question but maybe just because I am rushing to work. So I'll answer that one anyway :

Calcium citrate should be available in most pharmacies here, maybe even at supermarket. I was just looking for magnesium yesterday and had to sift through heaps of calcium products (we treat calcium as a big no-no) so surely one of those was pure calcium citrate (hopefully!).

Just be sure to read the labels to make sure they haven't mixed it with something nasty!

FWIW : We steer clear of both calcium and potassium, both said to be bad for IC.

elvee we ordered Quercetin from the USA, umm eVitamins I think they were called. Search google for that. Sorry am rushing to work otherwise would look it up for you.
                    Hi, I'm Kev - husband of IC sufferer.

symptoms - an owee wife

Comment

Calcium Citrate

Hi Kev, its funny, i just went in here to actually tell everyone that i still dont have an answer to my question.

My question was: Can you get Calcium Citrate (Pure) in Australia? IF so...where?

Thanks Kev for looking it up for me. Il check out the website.
                      Calcium Citrate may be very helpful. Even if it has the name Citrate it is no harm for the bladder!!! It binds oxalate in the urin and that takes the burning away!!! It helped me for sure!!! I dont feel very comfortable with the Potassium. I had a test done here the KCL Test and this was potassium put into my bladder to see my reaction. It burned like hell and that test was positive for IC! So i would not take any potassium anymore.

To all of you seeing Anita Clarke. Is she nice? Does she have a lot of experiences with IC/vulvodynia?
                      Any one know a Vulvodynia doc?
                      Also how does that work if i want to see Anita? How long would i have to wait for an appointment?
                      Can any doctor prescribe medicines to me like Elmiron or Antihistamine or Antiepilektia medication?
                      Do you have Elmiron in Australia? I am starting to take that now.

Kev, how is holly doing???? Have not heard from her.

Thanks guys...see you in OZ soon

Symptoms started November 2005
                      Diagnosed with IC in January 2007
                      Diagnosed with Vulvodynia 2006
                      Medications since July 2007: Gepan Installations now only every 2 months - Amitriptilyn(Elavil) 6 drops at night - Elmiron 200mg/day, Ranitic150 in the morning together with Desloratodine 5mg - Guaifenesin Capsules 300mg (for vulvodynia), Prelief with critical food
                      Vitamins/Minerals: Neutra C

Herbal Tea (Chamomille) 3 cups a day, sit baths with sea salt after sex - Hyalofemme Gel before sex - Multi GynActi Gel after sex - Macrobid 50mg after sex

Comment

Unfortunately my link was to Quercetin in the USA, not re calcium citrate. I am sure though that calcium citrate should be available somewhere here.

If you look here : [
                        (wow long address) something here should help, we have this store nearby (in Melbourne). Ugly looking store but has lots of stuff!

All we know is that while Holly was taking magnesium/calcium she would flare and when changing to just magnesium flares reduced dramatically.

(I personally believe we are dealing with more than one disease, and some people have one, others have two or three, but that's just my gospel)

Seems a lot of people had good experiences with Anita Clark. Ours was so-so, but I will say it was probably the best of all the uros. I would look her up and book an appointment up to 2 months before you want to see her.

SOme people here take Elmiron, I am not certain if a General Prac can prescribe it, but they probably can, especially if they get a report from a uro.

We don't take it, but I am sure we do have Elmiron in Australia?
                        Last edited by SandyRN; 09-08-2007, 06:02 PM. Reason: url removed
                        Hi, I'm Kev - husband of IC sufferer.

symptoms - an owee wife

Comment

Hi Kev,

i am impressed of how much interest you show in IC . I wish my boyfriend would be sooo interested. He understands but doesnt really know what i am going through.
                          What pain killers does Holly take? Do you get Opiate in Australia. Lots of IC ler take it here in Germany.

What medicines does she take for pain?

Oh dear..i am a bit scared of coming to Australia.
                          I will be home in Germany next week and visit probably 3 different doctors just for IC/Vulvodynia. Just to make sure that i get some medicine before i come to australia.

Anja

Medications since July 2007: Gepan Installations now only every 2 months - Amitriptilyn(Elavil) 6 drops at night - Elmiron 200mg/day, Ranitic150 in the morning together with Desloratodine 5mg - Guaifenesin Capsules 300mg (for vulvodynia), Prelief with critical food

Herbal Tea (Chamomille) 3 cups a day, sit baths with sea salt after sex - Hyalofemme Gel before sex - Multi GynActi Gel after sex - Macrobid 50mg after sex

Comment

Doctor

hi Anja,
                            It actually took me 4 months to get into see Anita Clarke. I find her really good although extremely busy. I have had problems all my life and she is the only Uro that had dignosed my problem of Medullary Sponge kidney, hence all my stones and infections. I would definitely see her. As for the Vulvo problem I don't know if that is her forte. You can obviously ask.
                            You will have to get a referral from your GP to see Anita.
                            Regards
                            jodi B

Comment

Hi Jodi,
                              thanks, i will once i get to OZ go to a GP and ask for a referral. Also i have to ask around if there is a Uro in Tassi who kinda knows a bit about IC.
                              Do you have Elmiron in Australia? We have it here with a Mix of Elmiron and Elavil. Have you heard of this?

Would be great to hear from you

Comment

Elmiron

Hi Anj,
                                I am sure you can get it here. Although when I asked about it awhile ago my DR did not want to put me on it. She did not say you could not get it though.
                                I get most of my bits and pieces sent from the US. Far cheaper and much better variety. Prelief, non citrus Quercetin, Serrapetase and I am going to try the freeze dried Aloe era next. I am also going to see a gyno now to tie in with what the uro is doing.
                                Jodi B

Comment

Working...
                                X