IC article in Globe and Mail today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC article in Globe and Mail today

Did anyone else see the article on Interstitial cystitis in the Globe and Mail today? It was written by a Dr.Gary Gray.

-jane

I missed it! But I wish I had seen it!!
    Caroline
    * Diagnosed in Nov. '06 after in office cysto and symptoms alone. (3 urologists later..)

* Started DIET, 400 mg Elmiron, 50mg Atarax, 20-50mg Elavil around that time and felt improvements at 2 1/2 month mark. 6 months even better and 9 months was pain/symptom free.

*Stopped meds at 3 year mark and enjoyed another 2 years of remission! Eating and drinking what I wanted.

Symptoms have returned Nov.'12 with stress from grad school. Back on same dose of all 3 drugs.

Things that help me: My shiba inu, hot water bottles and baths. Oh, and white chocolate!!!

Comment

Here is the the article on Interstitial cystitis in the Globe and Mail from yesterday paper at this web site ..

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...itial+cystitis

Debbie
      Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

That was great! Thanks
        Hugs Sandra
        "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
        http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

Dr Gray Article On Ic

Many Thanks For Posting Dr. Gray's Article On Ic. I Just Happen To Live In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada And Dr. Gray Is My Urologist!!
          What A Coincidence - I Was Not Aware Of This Article So I Appreciate Very Much Your Posting About It.

Sincere Thanks,

Louise

Comment

Thanks Deb!
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
            Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

You are very welcome !!

Debbie

Comment

HI! I tried opening your link but it says I have to join and pay for the article....bummer! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
                Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
                Dx'd Hypothyroid
                Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
                June 2007
                Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
                First Cysto 1979
                First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
                Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
                Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
                Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
                Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
                Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
                Bladder surgery 2000
                Dx'd: IBS 2000
                Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
                Laminectomy 1989
                Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
                I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

It was there, I guess you only can view it for a short time , sorry !!

Debbie

Comment

I joined and paid for a single article and then immediately regretted it, LOL - it doesn't say anything new. But it is nice that IC is being recognized, and that it is recognized as being painful, and that it is recognized these treatments do not work for everyone, and that a substantial minority of us have nothing that works for us of the current treatments available. (I think the article stated 1/3 of us aren't helped by available therapies?)

Anyhoo, it's always nice to have more publicity about our disease, that's always something to be excited about!

Blessings,
                    Lori

Comment

I thought it was a good article , it is always good to read any kind of publicity of IC ...

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                      X